“Poor management and Dangerous Place”

Waterworks Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Popular restaurant and pub located in old water company building. Great bar
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Used to enjoy this as a good food/good price lunch spot (I'm a local). However, about two years ago we brought some out-of-town guests in for lunch. Another patron, presumably having begun drinking well before noon, tried to pick a fight with me. I am 61, disabled with a bad heart. Management/owner took no interest in assuring safety for me and my party, so we left--I had my cell phone poised to call 911, if needed. Fortunately, the unruly patron did not follow me, despite his threats. I have not been back, of course, do not recommend it and believe it to be a dangerous venue.

I cannot understand why management/owner failed in a very basic responsibility.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Don't go to this place if you want to eat. We waited over one hour Sept. 8th, 2010 and did not get 2 sandwiches. We were very unhappy.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Great food at great prices. The on tap beer menu is good and the outdoor seating is perfect for summer. I've gone many times now with differet sized groups and there's never been any issues in accomodating our needs. Everything I've tried I've loved (same goes for all the people I've gone with!), and they've got my favorite french fries in Maine. Waitresses are friendly too :) definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Located just a few hundred feet off of downtown Rocklands Route One this pub is located in an old water company building. The pub atmosphere is great and so is the food. They have a restaurant off of the pub area also but we usually go for Steak Bombs, Burgers, Onion rings and fried clams. Typical pub food, good caesar chicken salad and local seafood. Pleasant staff, a good value for your money.

1  Thank Rardogrick