“Not Impressed”

Waterworks Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 89 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Popular restaurant and pub located in old water company building. Great bar
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to Waterworks for the food based on good reviews, but it was average. My husband had the fried fish sandwich which was OK and the fries were salty. I had the el paso burger which was very average, but the thin onion rings were very good. The ice tea tasted horrible. The bar tender was also the waiter and was very friendly. I guess this is just a drinking place.

There are newer reviews for Waterworks Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place has very good pub grub. The sandwiches are large, tasty, and come with good fries or onion rings. Free unlimited pop corn and a good selection of draft beers. Nice informal and relaxed atmosphere in an old converted water works building. Working fireplace adds warmth in the colder months. Prices are reasonable. This is one of our favorite places to get a relaxing bite while in Rockland.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Having eaten here once before and enjoying it, I decided to try the Waterworks for a last-minute wedding rehearsal dinner - and I mean last minute! I walked in 10 minutes ahead of a crowd of 19 guests to see if the restaurant could accomodate us, and the staff quickly and efficiently set us up a large table in a private room - outstanding!

Everyone was made to feel welcome, the service was quick and cheery, the food was great, and a great value. Many of the Kansas guests enjoyed the fish and chips, which I had on my first visit. It's very tasty; the sweet potato fries are excellent. I tried the chicken parmesan, and it was delicious - great freshly made sauce.

Thanks again for a great evening!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were greeted by the owner as soon as we entered. Had baked stuffed haddock and broiled scallops and they were both very good. Our waitress was wonderful.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This seems more like a "local" place rather than a tourist place. The food was simply the best we've had in several days in the the Penobscot Bay area (I had fish & chips, wife had seafood platter). Service was very good. We sat on the outside deck, although there is no water view from the restaurant.