“AMAZING”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Now ALSO open for Dinner Wed - Sat 5-9pm
Reviewed July 20, 2014

In Rockland for the weekend and made several trips to the Home Kitchen Cafe.
The HUEVOS RANCHEROS are to die for, spicy, bold, perfectly cooked eggs and those hand pressed corn tortillas make it perfect. The wife had a corn beef and Swiss Omelet special with so much corn beef we thought we were at a NY Deli, the combo was great.
Got there at 8:30 and got a seat right away, although a bit of a line on the way out.

Next day back again, had to wait 40 min on a sunday Morning, and worth every minute.
I know it was breakfast time, but had to start with a cup of the best fish chowder, big chunks of haddock and a rich stock, not complicated, just sublime and perfect. Continuing with my very early lunch went on for Bahn Home, James version of the famous Bahn Mi vietnamese sandwich.
Truly incredible, the home made roll was soft with a bit to the crust, the Meatballs where packed with more flavor than I thought possible, and the Pickled Dikon brought the needed crutch, all pulled together with a nice spicy sauce and fresh cilantro. Truly the best Bahn Mi I have had, and I have had my share. The slaw side dish was the perfect compliment. The wife loved the 'home on the range', her personal favorite, and somehow over the weekend we fit in some fish tacos, one of my favorites, perfect haddock, great seasoning, a little kick, all wrapped in fresh corn tortillas.
I know we sound like Home Kitchen junkies, but we really just enjoy great food, prepared well, in a warm atmosphere. Will Be Back.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I had Home Kitchen Cafe on our "must try' list during a recent trip to the Rockland area. We had originally wanted to try it for lunch the day we arrived into town. When we arrived, we were disappinted that all the tables on the upstairs deck were taken and it didnt seem like anyone was leaving anytime soon - I dont blame them as the atmosphere up there is great. As we were way past hungry and couldnt wait, we left and ended up having lunch at another local restaurant. Then, on a Monday morning we decided to stop back for breakfast...but the restaurant is closed on that day ....sadly we left yet again. Finally, we stopped back the next day and had the most wonderful breakfast on the upstairs deck. Third time was definitely the charm for us...we were determined to try the food here ! My husband and I both had the Huevos Rancheros that the restaurant is known for and found it absolutely DELICIOUS !! The service was good and the coffee, hot, so we were happy. It was the perfect meal to start our last day in Maine !! Highly recommend the upstairs open deck as it gives you a partial view of the Rockland harbor and has a wonderful atmosphere ;-)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've dined here several times and have yet to be disappointed. The food is so good and they have something for everyone. The breakfasts & burgers are always a favorite and the uniqueness of flavors used make it extra good! This is not your average restaurant. It's very casual with a high energy atmosphere. It's always busy and for good reason. The wait usually isn't long if there is one. All the breads are homemade. They offer food and flavors from around the world. The Vietnamese Bahn sandwich was spicey and delicious. The Poblano burger to die for!! The chocolate chip cookies are a must as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I ate here one day driving through Rockland. It was clean and the service was great! Then my food came out. It was very tasty and the coffee was great too!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a bustling place with good food and good service. It has character and provides a nice breakfast experience for one visiting Rockland. We had French toast and Ranchos Hueveros. Good coffee and good food. Lots of life in this place.