“Great breakfast!”

Home Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Now ALSO open for Dinner Wed - Sat 5-9pm
Alfred, New York
“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast while we were in town and everything was excellent, definitely try the huevos rancheros!

• Visited May 2014

Belfast, ME
“Tasty breakfast, friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our family has stopped here twice for breakfast on drives down the Maine coast. Their menu strikes a great balance between being somewhat special and eclectic but still accessible and family friendly. Everyone's food has always been delicious, service has always been friendly and prompt, and prices are reasonable. We've found the Home Kitchen Cafe to be a safe bet for enjoyable breakfast and will definitely come back.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This looked like a go to place for breakfast, and it was. My family of four with two 8-year olds were all happy. The owner herself greeted us at the door, and seemed apologetic that we would have to wait a bit. It was truly a short wait, and we didn't mind. Service was attentive once we were seated despite the crowd, and the food was good. They have some unique menu items. I tried a "bennie" (short for eggs-benedict?) and thought it was very good. My husband enjoyed his blueberry pancakes, and my kids liked the chocolate chip version. The food was a little slow in coming, but we were trying to make a boat tour so we were in a hurry.

Alberta
“Very tasty and lots of choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

A very large selection of both breakfast (served all day) and lunch choices! It was hard to decide because so many dishes sounded fantastic. I had the Cinni Bun French Toast and my wife had the Burrito At Home. Both were delicious! Very friendly and helpful staff (Jenn E.) We ate on the 2nd floor deck and enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Its located on Main Street - easy to find.

1 Thank R F
Concord, New Hampshire
“It's better than home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I travel to Rockland a few times a year and always make a point of eating at the Home Kitchen Café. The dining room is casual and comfortable, with a buzz that makes me always feel like people are enjoying themselves and feeling at home. I love the eggs benedict options, but have also had other things from the menu. All were excellent and I always leave completely satisfied AND full. The owners are on-site and part of the welcoming staff which work hard to make sure you get exactly what you want and really enjoy your meal. I've had both breakfast and lunch here with the same results. Desserts are homemade and very, very tasty! Even if the parking room looks full, find a place for the car and go in.

Visited March 2014