“Awesome food and huge portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Home Kitchen Cafe

Home Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Now ALSO open for Dinner Wed - Sat 5-9pm
Acton, Massachusetts
“Awesome food and huge portions!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Everything was great here. Just remember to come hungry! Excellent service and food! Seems to be a real favorite of the locals!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Susan G

Wantage, NJ
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I found this place through Trip Advisor. We were visiting the area for the second year and decided to search for a new place to eat breakfast. WOW! My husband had the Farmer's Omelet and I had the Irish Bennie (Eggs Benedict). The Home Kitchen Café offers several versions the Bennies. The Irish option consisted of homemade hash, two PERFECTLY poached eggs served over polenta (although you have the choice of homemade toast instead)- all covered with the best hollandaise sauce I have ever tasted!! The food was fresh, not laden with heavy fats or grease, just purely delish! We went back a few times and left feeling super satisfied each time. The menu has many traditional choices, but with a modern twist. Very original. Friendly staff, too. Also, very little waiting, we had our food within 10 minutes each time. Must go back next year to try the Lobster Taco!!!!

2 Thank Kathleen A
New Gloucester, Maine
“Eggs all the time”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sometimes eggs are just right for lunch or even dinner. When I find a place that's willing to serve them other than just for breakfast it's noteworthy. I went in for dinner, sat at the counter, opened the menu and there they were. I ordered the farmers omelet that had bacon, ham, onion, peppers, cheese, and yes, home fries, inside. They also make their own homemade bread here. The omelet was great, staff friendly, music relaxing and I look forward to returning in the future. Besides the downstairs it has an upper dining outside area, which looks like it would be very nice given the right weather.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sabbathday
Usa, Japan
“Gordon Ramsey........Eat your heart out!,”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Every year for the last dozen years or so, my wife and I head up to Rockland, ME. We have eaten at all the places around this area. This week I ordered the Backyard Burger at this neat little place. When I took the first bite I Could not believe how awesome it was. Up until now I would have said that the L&H Burger place in town was the best........BUT.......this burger was the best I have ever had.....and I am a ole guy!!
Sooooooo Gordon Ramsey...eat your heart out. James the chef here makes THE best burger around,,,

2 Thank judyG702
“Okay”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I live in Rockland and have eaten here several times... Each time I have left dissatisfied. No homefries served with omelets or breakfast sandwiches...you have to pay an additional $1.50. The plate comes looking bare of food. The carne breakfast sandwich is usually what I like for breakfast but once again when it was served to me the yolk of the egg was crack and runny all over the place. It should have been an over hard egg. For lunch one day I had a sandwich...I asked for no tomatoes and what did my sandwich come with...tomatoes. Also, there are no French fries at this restaurant.......weird. I would have liked fries with my club. One more thing- not being greeted upon walking through the door left us feeling unwelcome. However a couple of times we have eaten there before the renovation the food was delicious as expected

2 Thank htebazileh