“Home Kitchen Cafe”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Now ALSO open for Dinner Wed - Sat 5-9pm
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Unbelievable place. Local's and Visitors together enjoying wonderful food. The fish taco was full of food and flavor. The chowder was chock full of seafood and taste. I would highly recommend it.
This place was recommended by the employees of the Samoset Resort, and we were very happy with the food.

1  Thank Peter S
There are newer reviews for Home Kitchen Cafe

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had breakfast here twice. The first day was on a Sunday, and we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated at the bar. The wait was fine---we learned of many spots to visit during our visit. Once seated, we decided to try one of the specials which contained their own brisket with eggs. We also shared homefries. It was all divine!!! So much so that we returned for breakfast the very next day. We were seated immediately this time! I had huevos rancheros---and enjoyed every mouthful!!! This place is a positive gold mine. The wait staff is extremely friendly, and coffee refills were forthcoming frequently. This is for sure a place to go for breakfast or lunch. Prepare to wait, though!!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped at the Home Kitchen Cafe on our way home from a 2 night stay at the Samoset. We arrived around 10:30 and had to wait approximately 20 minutes for breakfast. I have to say it was WELL worth the wait ! This was the best meal I had all weekend. We first shared a wonderful, warm cinnamon roll. Then we decided to order a "full" breakfast. My husband opted for the 2 eggs, bacon and homefries while I went for the Benedict special. It was AMAZING !!. Thin slices of juicy brisket, which had been slow roasted, on a thick slice of homemade white toast. It was topped with 2 poached egges and just enough hollandaise sauce. It was perfect ! The waitress was friendly and apologetic for the wait as they had both a cook and a waitress call out that morning. But, it was well worth the short wait. I will not hesitate to go back anytime I'm in the Rockland area.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Home Kitchen Cafe is everything you want - great breakfast food, very friendly and prompt service. Our waitress could not have been nicer and more engaging, and even though the place was full, we did not have to wait long at all for the food.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I hit this spot for breakfast while on a trip to celebrate our 7th anniversary. I'm vegan, my husband's not, and this place looked like a great option for both of us. My husband ordered the Clawfather, a $25 sandwich containing an entire lobster, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo on their homemade bread. He LOVED it. I ordered the hippy scrambler, which is usually "tofu, scrambled with egg, green onion, garlic, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, fresh basil." I ordered it without the egg, and with a side of polenta. The tofu dish was completely overpowered by the garlic, while the polenta was completely flavorless. All day long, I tasted garlic. I smelled garlic. My husband smelled garlic. It was completely horrible and ruined the first day of our romantic weekend. YUCK.

1  Thank Dawn A
Homeboy650, Owner at Home Kitchen Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for visiting our Café. We are happy to hear that our Clawed Father Lobster Sandwich was a hit with your husband, but sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your dish
We are ALWAYS happy to correct any meal that does not meet a customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, You did not give us that opportunity.
We do not specialize in Vegan cooking , but try to accommodate dietary needs as requested .
Our polenta was created to satisfy many who are gluten intolerant.
Polenta, made with a corn mash is by nature , bland. But in combination with other foods has proven to be a great alternative to breads. Our polenta is very popular, especially with a few drops of Cholula !

James & Susan