“Best Bet For Breakfast in Rockland”
Review of Brass Compass Cafe

Brass Compass Cafe
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Waldoboro
“Best Bet For Breakfast in Rockland”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I really enjoy this restaurants breakfast menu much more than their lunches. For some reason lunches seem to be a little slower, maybe they are tired from putting out the breakfasts. The restaurant is "tight" on space and be prepared to wait. Overall good food at affordable prices.

1 Thank Rardogrick

Chicago, Illinois
“MMM. Clams in season!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Had a terrific batch of fried clams here! Renowned restaurant due to Food Network noteriety, they beat Bobby Flay with their lobster BLT. But I veered to fried clams. Tender and fresh.

Didn't care for the clam chowder, it was alot of potato and needed some heat. Okay location has streetside dining. A bit noisy, but it was too hot inside!

Would try them again, but the portion size of the Lobster BLT was too large for me. Wishing there was a mini version for light eaters....

1 Thank JK128xoxo
Rockland, Maine
“solid good maine food amazing prices”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

pretty ugly when the only good food around is in a place on main street their solid and the people are nice great fast cheap lunch the food is better than the boathouse or almalfi for half the money keep it up

1 Thank ssscout
philadelphia
“Definitely a winner!”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We planned on going to the Brass Compass last year after seeing Lynn beat Bobby Flay on the Food Network. When we planned our first trip to Maine, it was a must! We walked into the cafe and felt like we were in Smalltown USA! Being from Philadelphia makes you appreciate these small town places. Lynn was there behind the counter making lunches. We told her we came all the way from Philly to try the Lobster Club. She seemed very gracious, very friendly and appreciative. The sandwich did not disappoint! My husband and I both devoured every bit of the huge sandwich. The pieces of lobster meat were so tender and fresh mixed with the mayo and fixins was absolutely divine! We had a photo taken with Lynn before we left and she took time out of her day to talk with us and thank us for coming. This is the second Bobby Flay Throwdown place we have tried. He doesn't disappoint. Maybe we'll see the country trying Throwdown winners.

Ottawa, Illinois
“YUM!!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband and I drove through Rockland, on our way to Southwest Harbor, and noticed the sign outside Brass Compass that indicated it was a Throwndown winner. As a frequent viewer of the Food Network, I suggested we eat there on the way back from Southwest Harbor. I was a little skeptical when I learned the Lobster Club was the winning dish, I had a lobster roll earlier in the trip and was a not a big fan, and wasn't sure I would like the Lobster Club. I saw someone in the cafe eating the sandwich and decided it looked too good to pass up and decided to order it. Boy am I glad I did!!! It was absolutely DELICIOUS! The sandwich was huge, it took a minute or two just to figure out how I was going to eat it. It came with a large helping of fresh cut fries, which were also great. My husband got the cheeseburger with everything, that was also delicious. Before leaving, my husband asked a server if I could get my picture taken with Lynn. She was more than gracious with the request, especially since she just got done working the grill. It's great to see someone who works so hard get some good fortune thrown their way. My only wish is that we stopped at Brass Compass twice during our trip!