“Inexpensive Breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Breakfast was average to good quality and portions were large. Price was reasonable and service was friendly. Great if you don't want a special breakfast.

2  Thank Ronald A
There are newer reviews for Brass Compass Cafe

Reviewed January 15, 2014

When I heard that local restaurant owner Lynn Archer hands down beat the Food Network's Bobby Flay in a Lobster Club throwdown, I had to see for myself how good this sandwich really was. I am a big eater, but I was not sure about the sandwich, so my wife and I split the sandwich and each ordered a side item. Upon arrival (see picture below) I realized splitting this meal was a good idea. The bottom half of the sandwich must have had 6 strips of Applewood Bacon on each half along with lettuce, tomato, mayo, etc... and the top half I think had at least half of a fresh Maine Lobster, it was huge! The seasonings were perfect. We were charged $19.95 for the whole sandwich with 2 sides which was more than enough for my wife and I's complete lunch.
Go by and try this, and you will then know why we go to Maine every year :-)

2  Thank GunnerMO
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Place smells like old grease and my last experience was a steak sandwich, it was so greasy the bun was saturated with grease and you could not hold it. I threw it away.

3  Thank Michael J
Reviewed November 17, 2013

By far, the most remarkable BLT in the country! In this BLT, the "L" stands for lobster! and lots of it! We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the staff. Visit them for breakfast or lunch. The food is a bit expensive, but well worth the cost!

1  Thank rcjf38
Reviewed November 16, 2013

From a tour bus (associated with a Cruise) we were told that this Cafe featured a Lobster club sandwich that was highly noted. Having tired of Lobster rolls it sounded intriguing and the Cafe was within walking distance of the pier. The Cafe is a typical small town cafe and there was a small wait for the limited table seating .

The sandwich came with one side...we chose the onion strings. It was costly, about $20, but it was worth it. The sandwich was as shown in the pictures above. We ordered a side salad and split that and the sandwich. We needn't have ordered the salad as the sandwich and onion strings were plentiful, filling two plates when split, and as good as advertised.

I can't comment on the remaining parts of the menu but I do recommend the Lobster Club as a unique treat.

1  Thank MDR_27