“Good breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We'd really got into our hearty American breakfasts and this was one of the better places. I went for the Western wrap on the specials which was delicious. They even had a good selection of cereals for our 2 year old.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of my favorite sandwiches is the Club sandwich. Over the years, I have had hundreds of Club sandwiches at restaurants around the country. But no Club sandwich comes close to the Lobster Club at the Brass Compass in Rockland. We had heard about the sandwich because Bobby Flay was there for his Throwdown. He was beaten by Brass Compass' Lynn so we had to try it out. We could see what she beat Bobby. It was an incredible Club that was so big I had to share it with my wife. It was plenty for the two of us. We also had wonderful onion rings with it but we heard the cole slaw was also excellent. I know I will never have a Club sandwich as good as the Brass Compass' Lobster Club.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Bobby Flay did a Throw Down with The Brass Compass and lost and I understand why. Their famous lobster club is worth every bite of it's $20.00 price with one side. Get the coleslaw, delicious. We had a short wait on the honor system. They don't take names or hand out numbers or pagers. You stand in line and at times it is out the door. Let me tell you the lobster club is huge and shareable. The bacon comes crispy and has lettuce and tomato but the star of the sandwich (you have a choice of bread) is all the lobster - delicious, delicious, delicious. Afterwards, walked out to the Breakwater Lighthouse. Almost 2 miles out and back. Glad we had a big lunch!

PS The restaurant closes at 3:00pm and not open for dinner.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just another Greasy spoon. Nothing real good about it. My husband and i are chefs and i can tell you that this is a low end breakfast joint. Over priced food. And all the food was over cooked and cold. The kitchen is rite in the dinning area and smells alwful. The cooks are dirty looking. we should have walked out and gone to the home Kitchen cafe like the person at the front desk told us to do.

1  Thank carrol w
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stopped in and had some breakfast on a rainy day while touring Midcoast, and it was a hopping place where you got to hear about what was going on locally and meet other travelers as well as the locals. We watched people have to stand for a spot several times while we ate, so pay attention to the time of day. Food was very good, too - eggs finished just right, great rye toast and English muffins worthy of acclaim, as was the Irish Omelet I had with corned beef. I would go back for lunch also if in the area, as they had an interesting assortment of offerings, including fried seafood and their Lobstah Club - known for beating Bobby Flay on a Throwdown! Fun menu, fun place, fun people, what more could you want in lovely Rockland?