TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fabulous trip!

An overnight schooner trip had been on my bff's bucket list for a long time and we did it with... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2019
Dianne H
Highlight of our trip!

We had the best night! The captain and staff are so friendly and fun. The food was... read more

Reviewed June 2, 2019
DanaMoody
Winter Springs, Florida
via mobile

All reviews captain katie food was amazing dinner cruise local oysters farm to table penobscot bay shepherd dock overnight deck schooner fun sails boat maine
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2018

HIGHLY recommend the dinner cruise! The crew was fun and the food was amazing! My husband was in the Coast Guard and was excited to sail again, my first time and I was nervous. I LOVED IT and will go back to do it again on the Boyd N. Sheppard!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

An early evening dinner sail abord the Schooner Boyd N Sheppard was the highlight of our visit to Rockland, Maine. A friendly & knowledgeable crew, a fantastic lobster dinner prepared by Chef Adam, and a perfect weather day all combined for a very enjoyable and memorable adventure for our group of 10. We look forward to sailing with Katie & Adam again !!!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

A group of friends and I just went out on a dinner cruise on the Boyd N Sheppard and had a utterly spectacular evening. It was really fun to help set the sails and then relax with wine and a delicious cheese platter while we sailed out into the bay. The views from that area are gorgeous and the sailing was very comfortable. Captain Katie was easy going and knowledgeable and really fun to get to know. Chef Adam prepared an amazing dinner which we enjoyed on deck in a calm area of the harbor. We ended with a delicious dessert as we sailed back toward the dock. Everything was perfect. The whole crew was so welcoming and helpful. The food was top notch. We really can't imagine a better way to spend an evening in this area of Maine. Thank you!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 21, 2018

My husband, mother-in-law, and I joined the friendly, fun, and knowledgable crew of the Boyd N. Sheppard for a sunset cruise and dinner. It was fun to tour the boat and learn about its history, and then we got to help hoist the sails (and were rewarded for our efforts with glasses of crisp white wine). We learned to shuck oysters, soaked in the incomparable views, and ate a sumptuous dinner prepared in the galley belowdecks on the ship's original wood-burning stove! This trip was a highlight of our visit to Maine.

Date of experience: June 2018