“This IS The Place Other B & B Owners Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LimeRock Inn

LimeRock Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
sourh pasadena
“This IS The Place Other B & B Owners Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

The LimeRock Inn is just a very special place with genuinely warm & professional owners, Frank & PJ. We were on a fall foliage trip & found out the B & B we stayed at in Bar Harbor had just been guests at LimeRock. This confirmed this was the real deal.
We had a huge room on the first floor which had a fabulous jacuzzi bathtub & comfy bed.
I was badly food poisoned at a restaurant in town & they were so genuinely concerned about me, I was really impressed. BTW, the zucchini bread they gave to my husband for me almost immediately made me feel better, to get out of bed at least & enjoy the day.
I could go on and on about PJ & Frank and LimeRock....all of the reviews are spot on, they go out of their way for their guests and truly want you to have best time while with them.
We will be back again. We hope to book the cottage room next time as it looks out over tranquil backyard. Oh, the b & b is just one short block to center of town so you can easily walk everywhere and never have to drive while in Rockland. Just go, you wont regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1JetSetGal1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
stoneham, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thanks to Frank and PJ for a wonderful memorable week-end. Weather was perfect, and as usual, our hosts were fantastic. Looking forward to our crusade back to the Limerock Inn this spring ! Frank and PJ are always so welcoming and accommodating. The Inn is located within walking distance of downtown, and there are many stores to shop in, and great restaurants.
The Island Cottage room is so comfortable and pretty, with a private deck overlooking the grounds, which are beautiful. If you are planning a "getaway" and want fantastic service and friendly conversation, this is the Inn for you.

Room Tip: My favorite room is the 1st floor "cottage theme" room. I has sliding glass doors to a li...
Green Features: The owners of this Inn are very environmentally-friendly - they have posted little tips suggesting how you might help while staying at the Inn.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank firelady25
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are looking for a very warm and inviting place to stay in the Rockland, ME area - Limerock Inn is the place for you. Frank & PJ are the best!!! The home is beautiful, the rooms great, the food wonderful and plentiful (thanks to Frank!!). If you leave there hungry, it's your own fault. The location of the Inn is in a quite neighborhood just a couple of blocks from the downtown area. Very convenient. Perfect choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jthomas47
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived a little early and were welcomed right in by Frank (owner) we felt like it was "home" away from home. If you know what I'm saying. Frank showed us around the house and made my wife and I feel warmed and welcomed. Morning Breakfast was as good as any and the room (Island Cottage) was just as it was made out to be. Very comfortable bed & pillows. We had a little private deck in the back of the house. All in all if we were ever to return to Maine and stay in the town of Rockland, we'd probably be back here. If your looking for a great B & B don't pass this one up. Franklins, Cape Coral, Fl.

Room Tip: Without a doubt this has to rank up there with the Best B & B in Maine for service, quality &...
Green Features: I seen they use recycled products throughout the home.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrMickyF
Brooksville, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the LimeRock Inn last night. We'd been there twice before over the years and were happy to be back. The rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious with very comfortable beds, good light for reading and very nice bathrooms . The owners are so welcoming and remembered us from our previous visit many years ago. They were happy to accommodate my vegan breakfast request which I greatly appreciated. We love staying here in this gracious house and will be back.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Lydiaco
Gilford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

A cliche, perhaps, but so true! Thanks to PJ and Frank and their outstanding hospitality, that's what it felt like. My husband and I recently spent a few nights at The Limerock Inn "just because." We are not experienced B&B-ers and weren't sure what to expect but were immediately at home and relaxed upon arrival and PJ's welcome tour. Our room (the Grand Manan) was roomy and comfortable and the jacuzzi was the perfect way to revive after a day of travel and sight-seeing. Breakfasts were delicious: fresh fruit salad one day, mixed berries with yogurt and granola the next, Frank's delicious lemon-poppy scones (my husband, the non-sweet eater, had two) and buttermilk biscuits - to die for - and eggs (a special accommodation as we did not care to have pancakes) one day, lobster quiche the next. Lobster quiche. Oh my. And BTW, I never sleep well when traveling but slept like a rock during our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Rockland - there's lots to do and great shopping - and got great advice from PJ and Frank about local restaurants. It was fun getting to know these two ex-Jersey boys. Thank you, PJ and Frank! If we head back to Rockland another time (and I hope we will) we won't stay anywhere else.

PS It was so sad our first morning at home when I wandered into the kitchen at 8:00 and there was nobody there. I was in my PJ's, but that wasn't the same as being greeted by PJ!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nina D
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We spent two nights at this beautiful inn. It was easy to find and situated within walking distance to Rockland's center. The inn is a very large older home which has been updated and well maintained. Our room was well appointed and very clean. The breakfast was outstanding and offered plenty of variation. I highly recommend this inn and we will stay he again when we are in the area.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank les p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Rockland Harbor Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rockland
Trade Winds Inn
Trade Winds Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland

Been to LimeRock Inn? Share your experiences!