“Excellent B&B”

LimeRock Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Gorgeous Victorian mansion with modern conveniences; decorated with great attention to detail. Great wrap-around porch with comfortable seating. Beautiful, large, spacious guest rooms with comfortable beds. BJ and Frank are friendly and helpful; they take care of their guests: superb breakfasts, restaurant recommendations, assistance booking ferry reservations or other activities; very knowledgeable about the interesting history of the house and the area. A five minute walk to downtown. All in all we were pleased and recommend the Limerock Inn. The experience really is far superior to a comparably priced hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the large, comfortable Monhegan room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent two nights at this wonderful Inn and were very happy with the room & the hospitality provided by Frank & PJ. Rockland is a great little town, and the Limerock is within easy walking distance to town - and a short drive to a lot of great attractions (and lobster pounds). We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had the Island Cottage room on the back of the building. We had our own separate entrance, a lit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The very best food; the very best company; the very best locale. Awesome place for someone wanting to experience mid-coast Maine, and worth every penny. This was my mother-in-law's first stay at a Bed and Breakfast, and she was amazed at the difference that this special change in traveling makes. This was a very good Bed and Breakfast to start her out on.

Room Tip: Our room had two twins, but the beds were still awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The LimeRock is a wonederful mix of past and present. Beautifully restored to bring out the home's natural charm, you'll feel right at home. Each of the unique rooms are welcoming, as are the Hosts. The LimeRock holds true to the B & B charm one expects and mixes it subtly with the conveniences of today. The porch was by far my favorite aspect of the house, wrap-around with comphy seating and a beautiful double swing...that and the amazing homemade scones! Close to town, the LimeRock is just two blocks away from the main strip along the coast which is lined with dozens of great shops and restaurants. Lovely house, wonderful service, quiet yet convenient location, the LimeRock is my first choice every time we visit Maine.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were vectored here by a friend who knows the area well, and what great advice. This place is amazing but pales when compared to PJ and Frank the owners. If you love historic architecture pristinely preserved, this Inn is a must stay. The rooms are large, beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. Frank creates the most incredible gourmet breakfasts. Both he and PJ have the most infectious smiles and cannot do enough to tend to your every need. PJ's advice on local eateries and points of interest made our stay spectacular. We have stayed at a lot of Inn's and B&Bs, but this one ranks at the top because of PJ and Frank. We WILL go back to stay with them again, we had such a wonderful time, and it rained the whole time we were in town. If you look quick, you might get a glimpse of Elvis working the kitchen!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my first stay at a B&B. I reviewed several online and I kept coming back to this home. I knew it was the right one for me! I was a bit nervous about staying at a B&B by myself, but there was absolutely no reason to be.
The home was beautiful, inside and out. The detail in everything was incredible. Frank and PJ were gracious hosts, although I worried about them working so hard! They were very personable and made me feel most welcome.
The gourmet breakfasts were awesome! It was so relaxing to sit on the porch swing in the evenings and the whirlpool tub in my bath was to die for!
And something else that I noticed right away, the location was perfect! The traffic wasn't bad in Rockland as compared to neighboring areas. I was close enough to the neighboring towns and coast to visit. The Strand Movie Theater (built in 1928) in Rockland was really neat. The restaurants there were excellent. I enjoyed the museums and the shops on the main street as well.
I couldn't have chosen a better B&B nor a better place to spend a much needed and earned vacation!
Thank you Frank and PJ. You guys are the best!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Grand Manan. It was wonderful for me, but would also be a very romantic room for co...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KimberlyBland
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a first class B&B and our favorite from a group of very good B&B's we used on this 5 day trip. Frank and PJ have done a great job of putting together a friendly, comfortable place that's like a home away from home. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was great. When we arrived we asked about somewhere to have a libation and Frank pointed us to the Black Bull Tavern which is a short walk from the B&B and it was an excellent suggestion. Actually, downtown is a short walk so everything is close at hand and is yet another reason to stay at the Inn. The Black Bull turned out to be a great place to strike up a conversation with locals and get the inside scoop on the village. Too late I was warned away from Cafe Miranda but the advice was spot on. If we get back to Rockland we will most certainly stay here again; I highly recommend this B&B. Thanks to Frank and PJ for making this a great stop on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
250 Main Hotel
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to LimeRock Inn? Share your experiences!