“Fine Dining in a relaxed atmosphere.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Augusta, Maine
“Fine Dining in a relaxed atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just follow Rt 17 about 8 miles out of Manchester and you will discover this virtually unknown gem! Weathervane Restaurant sits on the highway with Readfield beach and waterfront in the back yard so to speak. There is a playground for the kids, a picnic area and a beautiful clean little beach with a lovely little lake. My boyfriend and I decided to stop since I have only lived in this area for a short time and am always looking for good restaurants, which I have found difficult to find since moving from a larger city. The restaurant looked like a roadside Mom and Pop place (to me) from the outside but when I stepped inside I could sense that this was going to be a better than anticipated experience. Now, I am a "feeling" type person so my senses were telling me what I was observing and that was classy, clean and comfort . I knew I was in for a treat. I have so much to say about Weathervane that I am bursting to shout to everyone that they "must" drive here and eat here, so I will try to contain myself and simply say that I have eaten in many nice restaurants from Canada to the Bahamas, California to Maine but I have never eaten in one any nicer that Weathervane. Overkill? Maybe, but I don't think so. Classy, great food, wonderful atmosphere, spotless, romantic, comfortable, ...I could go on and on. Thank you for giving us a special dining experience. Their sign says, "Casual Dining" and as I verbalized to the owner, it should say "Fine Dining" in a casual atmosphere.

• Visited July 2011