“Authentic Mexican Food”
Review of A La Mexicana - CLOSED

A La Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great food, huge portions (I mean HUGE). Relaxing atmosphere. Inexpensive. Plenty of room so your seated right away.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have eaten at A La Mexican about six times...the fact that I go back is indication that the food is okay. But each time I go, I always hope that it will be just a little bit better and it really hasn't improved since opening. The food is quite adequate and the prices are good. But I feel like I am eating an Old El Paso meal at home. Everything is smothered in sauces; there is little taste variation, the refried beans are coming from a can....again, it's all okay, just not anything memorable - there are no 'wow' moments.
The waitstaff is very friendly and nice, and I mentioned, the pricing is very fair.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

this gem was around the corner from our lake house for quite a while and assumed it would be not so good. We ate there this weekend and so surprised by the exceptional,true Mexican cuisine and amazing Margueritas. I hesitate to gush because there are so few good restaurants in this area and once discovered, become too busy and quality suffers. On the other hand, I hope they stay open through the winter and slower months because this is a good place...I had the chicken Mole which was delicious while the steak burrito was also tasty. The menu was extensive Andre look forward to returning to sample many of the other dishes!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I go to this restaurant often because they are the closest Mexican eatery around. Let's start with the chips and salsa, which are very good. I usually have either the soft pork burrito with a white sauce or the fried shredded beef chimmies. They are both good, but I caution you to not order food with ground beef; I believe they use textured vegetable protein (tvp). I have asked and been told no, but the ground beef is just a bit too funky for my taste. Had steak once and it was like shoe leather. All in all not too bad.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is the best place in the state for Mexican food. The margaritas are home made and delicious and the food is incredible.