“Magical Place”
other travelers have booked this property
View looking up from the lake
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
View looking up from the lake
Entry way with reading nook behind dining table
Looking into kitchen from living area
Fireplace behind the dining area
Downstairs bedroom
Clawfoot tub and shower
Antique sink and toilet
Upstairs bed on left side. Bureaus on opposite wall
Upstairs bed on right side
Private dock (older dock to left has been removed)
Boat rack. Paddles and life jackets in laundry room
Neighbors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

hestonce
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Magical Place”
Reviewed September 23, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Steve's cabin on Loon Lake was incredible. My husband and I spent our days hiking and canoeing and our evenings reading by the fire. Steve was a very attentive host. He thought of everything we could need and gave us great recommendations. The scenery was beyond beautiful. I could not recommend Tarry-A-While more!

Oct 3, 2017
With guests like Cait and her husband any owner would be lucky to host them. They are the consummate guests who went beyond what was requested prior to departure. My only regret was that I did not have the opportunity to meet them personally. I hope I do in the future.
MichaelM2...
Brooklyn, New York
“peaceful, cozy, quiet -- an excellent getaway”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I had a terrific stay on Loon Lake -- a quiet spot in an amazingly beautiful location, with rustic & comfortable accommodations and lakefront access. A perfect spot to rest and recharge, and Steven is an accommodating and an excellent host. I hope to return to this beautiful and peaceful place!

Sep 8, 2017
One could not ask for a nicer or better guest. Michael seemed more like an old friend or family member. His attention to detail in preparing to leave was greatly appreciated and more than could have been expected. Anyone would be lucky to have a guest like him!
Terry O
“Fantastic Time!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My wife and I had a very relaxing time at Tarry-A-While celebrating her birthday. The cottage was beautiful and Loon Lake was pristine. Most of our time was spent on the lake in the canoe (we saw & heard the loons many times), cooking on the BBQ grill & relaxing on the screened-in porch. The cottage had everything needed (and then some) and Steven made sure that we were all set, from directions to water in the fridge. We will most definitely return in the future.

Aug 12, 2017
It's always a pleasure when guests have the vacation they were seeking. I knew they were coming to celebrate and I"m thrilled that being there met their expectations. I greatly appreciate their "vote of confidence" on the amenities they found at the cottage, their opinion of the lake and the performing loons. They left the place in great shape and I hope to welcome them back in the future.
NHbeargui...
Newton, New Hampshire
“Great place, perfect location ”
Reviewed August 1, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Great cabin on Loon Lake. Location is prime as it's far enough from Rangely to be away from it all but close enough to drive in to get a signal or grab a bite. Dock has a great view especially at sunset. Lake is very quiet since it's a no motorboat lake. Cabin was clean and has all the amenities you would need for an extended stay. The owner was VERY cordial and responsive to every question I had about the place. I would absolutely come back to stay here!!

Aug 12, 2017
These were people who truly appreciated the uniqueness of this particular spot. They treated the property very well and left it in great shape. Their consideration was much appreciated and I would urge others to welcome them as well.
NormanH30...
“Secluded, peaceful retreat.”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My wife and I stayed 4 weeks at this rustic, relaxing, and modestly priced camp on Loon Lake. Having previously spent many summers at another camp, we found the new cottage more than equal to our needs and expectations, the queen bed was perfect, and the second-level guest bedroom enabled relatives to visit. Everyone enjoyed the screened front porch, the comfortable chairs inside and out,the quietude and wonderful view of the woods and the beautiful lake. Firewood was plentiful and came in handy on numerous cool mornings. Working in the small kitchen didn't feel cramped, and the laundry was an added plus. We give this place our highest rating, along with many thanks to Steve, our super landlord.!

Your age range 65+
Jul 23, 2017
As I said previously, anyone would be thrilled to welcome Norm and Maxine. They are a pleasure to know and host, and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming them back at some point in the future.
Jody G
“Beautiful Loon Lake!”
Reviewed June 4, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Relaxing and peaceful, calming and comfortable, our visit to Tarry-a-While on Loon Lake in Rangeley, Maine
was a delightful step back in time.
Absolutely fantastic!

Jun 5, 2017
Many thanks and please come back!
Stephen R
“Fall at Loon Lake”
Reviewed October 19, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Really had an enjoyable visit! Cottage is a three season gem. Well stocked kitchen and comfortable bed. Enjoyed having to stoke the fireplace when it got a little nippy. Steven, the owner was always responsive to our inquiries and very gracious in all aspects of our stay. The town of Rangeley was exactly what we had hoped for--slow paced, great food and just enough to do. Would definitely stay here again!

Mar 17, 2017
Many thanks for the kind words. I'm very happy that your visit to Loon Lake was all that you had hoped for. I loo forward to welcoming you back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing