“The rooms are fairly new & very clean.”

Rangeley Saddleback Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rangeley
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We will definately stay there again. The rooms were very clean & new. I have to say the on site restaurant was horrible......I mean really horrible. You would also think that the restaurant would be open for breakfast since it is at the inn. If you want a nice place to eat try the Farmhouse Restaurant down the street. Also, inn is located on the snowmobile trails for easy access.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 1, 2011

My family searched for a night getaway with a pool and snowmobile access in western ME and found Rangeley Saddleback. Nice location with snowmobile trail, grocery store, lake, and restaurants close by. Facilities were clean and modern with micro, fridge, tv, and internet. Their restaurant had good food and was open late. Parking was convenient - right outside room.
The young guy that called himself the general manager (masters in bus. yeah right) needs a quick lesson in people skills. During my 1-day stay he poked fun at 3 different customers after they left the office. I'm sure he had some smart a$$ comment about me to. One costumer simply asked for a hair dryer - he said make sure you return it or you'll be charged more than its worth. She suggested they should be in every room or available when needed. He replied "this isn't the Ritz Carlton". Not once did I hear him say please or thanks. After I checked in he came out to tell me that I needed to unhook my sled trailer / truck because parking is an issue. No please or thanks. I wasn't too cordial and made note of the 4 cars in the entire parking lot. Later in the evening there were more cars, but at no point was it even close to full. The pool that the kids looked forward to was so COLD it took about 5 minutes to muster the courage to take the plunge. I was the only adult that made it in and several other kids jumped in only to pop back out within a minute. The chlorine level was so high I saw several kids rubbing their eyes.
I recommend the hotel BUT improvements are needed in the managerial social skills.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TWINPIPE
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Granted, we stayed at this hotel during Christmas school break, but for $144, I expected a lot more. After swimming in the over-chlorinated pool, my family and I returned to a room that we had a hard time opening because of the keys (was told that they were new). Furthermore, there was no hot water so we all went to bed smelling of chlorine. The hotel did compensate us $15 for that inconvenience.
For a family of five with ski gear, the room was very crowded.
The motel offers reduced Saddleback ticket prices so I bought two junior tickets, however, instead of saving $5 per ticket they overcharged me $8, so had to go back to the motel for a refund.
We enjoyed the restaurant that is attached to the motel. They have very good food that is very well priced and an excellent waitstaff.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank stnemason
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Rangeley is a hidden gem I've been approx 7 times and always stayed at the rengely inn but this year 2010 I stayed at the saddleback .We had a great view from our bedroom window all accross rangeley lake and what I also like is to be able to park the car immediately outside the door of your room all in all is was quite satisfactory, and yes I would go to it again ( the swimming pool swings it for me )-------Bob H

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank leafpeeper-supreme
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Set in a fairly sleepy location, its good standard motel style accommodation. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There aren't many eating options nearby so make sure you find something early if you want a meal - especially when off the peak of the holiday season.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have traveled quite a bit in the mountains of Maine and I have become accustomed to never finding a hotel that mees my needs.

That all changed when I discovered the Saddleback Inn. The rooms are spcious, the wide screen tvs are a blessing and the sauna and indoor pool were to die for.

My friends and I will were pleased that the employees and especially the young man that I think was the manager, went out of their way to make us comfortable.

My advise is to anyone planning on going hiking, skiing or snowmobiling in the Rangeley Maine area stay at the Saddleback Inn. You will not be disappointed.

If I had thought about it I would have taken pictures of the hotel. I got the feeling that this is an older hotel that has new owners and a total remodel in the last year or two.Very well done.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We have been traveling to Rangeley for snowmobiling, skiing, fishing, and 4 wheeling for year, but never found a place we were willing to take our wives to. What a great surprise this place is. New,clean,indoor pool,friendly staff, and beds that have new mattresses and pillows. Don't laugh. This is a first for Rangeley!

Bruce H

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank snow1_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rangeley
The Rangeley Inn
#1 of 1 in Carrabassett Valley
The Inn on Winter' Hill
The Inn on Winter' Hill
#1 of 2 in Kingfield

Been to Rangeley Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!