“Great place to stay, kid friendly!”

Rangeley Saddleback Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rangeley
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Rangeley Saddleback Inn on several occasions. The rooms are always immaculate & the staff is always willing to help with anything, including basic hygiene items they keep in the office in case you forget something! The new restaurant that just opened that is attached to the hotel is wonderful! Great food, reasonable prices. My friends with children love swimming in the pool and using the hot tub as well. Great place to stay whether you have children or not!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a better view if that is what you are looking for!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 59Rosebud

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband, my daughter, and I spent a few days here in early January. We LOVE Rangeley and go there from time to time to visit, its beautiful, but life had gotten crazy and we hadnt made it up in a while. We had originaly had a room down the street, but upon checking in there we were less than impressed for the price that we had paid plus my daughter has allergies and she started sneezing the second we walked in to the room. We then made a phone call to the Rangeley saddleback inn, which we hadnt yet stayed at since being remodeled, I spoke with a woman named Paula who told me to come on up and she would figure something out! upon arriving i told her about my concerns from the last hotel and she put everything she was doing on hold, and said "let me give you a tour, that way before you rent it, you can really see i you like it " can i just say WOW that place is amazing! After she showed me the room I knew i wanted it, but she wanted to make sure i saw everything! They have a beautiful indoor saltwater pool and gorgeous hot tub! Even though its a pretty large pool you still get a "homey" feel from being in there because they have a fireplace and tables and chairs and a big stuffed fish on the wall! The rooms were totally immaculate! My husband was off with the car exploring and i walked into the offie and asked paula if she knew where the nearest place to get benedryl was she again stopped what she was doing and dug through boxes upon boxes trying to find some for my daughter, and when she couldnt she volunteered to drive us to the store to get some!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!!! so glad we somehow ended up at the Rangeley Saddleback inn and from now on out, it will be the only place we stay while in Rangeley!!! Awesome restaurant on site! awesome staff! awesome view of lake/sunsets/ sunrises!! Paula also informed me next time i can even bring my dog, because they are pet friendly!!!!!! Sorry for the run-on everyone I'm just so excited i found this place and wanted to share!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids that love the pool and hot tub request a room closer to pool just because its a mot...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dusty l
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nicely remodeled motel with friendly and helpful staff. clean, pleasant and with amazing lake and sky views close to town, this motel offers all we needed for a relaxing and invigorating weekend. Price is appropriate and they are pet-friendly--a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BJ123Maine
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while in town for business. To my delight, it also turned into a relaxing and pleasurable weekend, in large part due to the spectacular mountain-top views and the extremely knowledgeable, friendly staff! Kevin and Paula went out of their way to make our stay fantastic!

I would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the area, for business or pleasure. The sunsets are breath taking and the amenities are well suited to a comfortable stay for singles, couples or families.

Only downside of staying for business is that the wi-fi does not work the further away you go from the center of the hotel, where the office and main router is located. We ended up buying a router from Wal-Mart in Farmington in order to get wi-fi in our room. Bring your own if planning to stay here on business or request a room close to the center.

If staying for pleasure, be sure to bring a bathing suit, regardless of time of year. The swimming pool is great and the hot tub is delightful on a Winter night. Also, be sure to request a room on the second floor if you can - it will give you an un obstructive view of the gorgeous sunsets.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mangoclaude
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent a weekend here in August. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great view of the lake. The rooms appeared to have been updated fairly recently. The bathrooms have granite sinks. There is a microwave, fridge and keurig coffee maker. The beds were comfortable. Paula, Brenda and staff were all very friendly and helpful. They have coffee, bagels and donuts in the morning. We used both the saltwater pool and hot tub and both were very enjoyable. Very close to town...5 minute walk. We kayaked on Haley Pond and had yummy lobster rolls at Parkside and Main. Couldn't ask for more. Great stay all around...will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Juliemom44444
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've been coming to the Rangeley area for a family camping week each of the past 11 years. After trying many of the other hotels in town, we settled on the Rangeley Saddleback 4 years ago. If you're looking for 5 star accommodations, white-glove room service or a concierge, you're not going to find it anywhere in Rangeley. If you're looking for the best hotel in town, go to the Rangeley Saddleback.

At the Rangeley Saddleback, the rooms are updated and clean; the staff are friendly and responsive; and the location cannot be beat. It's just a short walk to town from the inn for dinner or the movies [Note: If you're there in the summer try dinner on the deck at Parkside and Maine].

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have awesome lake views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dDubArlington
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I want to Shout Out a Big THANK YOU for making my Belated Birthday Party the most accomadating ever.Paula and. Kevin are very down to earth and welcoming.We had the best time and will be back soon.Keep the Fire Pit Burning..P.S. Thank you George for all you do..

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank litrrhood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rangeley
The Rangeley Inn
Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort
Mountain Village Farm B&B
Mountain Village Farm B&B
#1 of 1 in Kingfield

Been to Rangeley Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!