We just returned from a week vacation at the resort. Although it was only my husband and me, we exchanged our Florida timeshare week for a week at Rangeley, and so ended up in a 3 bedroom cabin. The cabin was beautiful - very rustic and woodsy, yet comfortable, and each cabin is set apart from the others, so you feel like you have some privacy. The only reason I can't give the resort an excellent rating is the fact that the largest bed in the cabin was a double/full size - not the queen size we were promised. My husband and I are not small people, and several nights we ended up sleeping in separate beds, just to have some room to stretch out. Other than that, the cabin was wonderful. There's an IGA food market 5 minutes from the resort (prices are a little high, so bring what food you can from home!), and several good restaurants in town. You are only allowed to burn Duraflame-type logs in the cabin fireplace, so bring your own if you want a fire, since the IGA was charging $6 a log (we had brought 12 crackle Duraflame logs with us, and they lasted the entire week). We did have a storm one night, and lost electricity for about an hour, but with the fireplace going and some flashlights, we were fine. Also, there is no beach, only a dock into the lake for swimming. We didn't get a chance to try out the indoor pool or hot-tubs. We spent a lot of time driving around looking for moose - which we did see! The area is woods, woods and more woods, and lots of winding roads through those woods. A very beautiful area, and the perfect resort, as long as you can stand sleeping in a full size bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rangeley Lake Resort is a four-season vacation destination in Maine where each season offers a variety of opportunities for vacationers. In the spring, fishermen flock to Rangeley’s lakes, rivers and streams while moose emerge from the forest to enjoy the lush growth. Summer is ideal for hiking, canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, fishing, golf, tennis, mountain biking, ATV excursions and more. Fall foliage is exceptionally beautiful in this part of the country with brilliant colors and crisp weather. Snow bunnies flock to Rangeley in the winter for snowmobiling, skiing, snow shoeing and many other winter activities. The area is home to the Saddleback Maine alpine skiing area as well as Sugarloaf, New England’s premier golf and ski resort.You can also enjoy all that’s offered right at your doorstep, including a clubhouse with a heated swimming pool, hot tubs and a cedar sauna. There is also a fully equipped fitness facility for use by guests at no charge. In the evenings you can retreat to your private cabin to enjoy modern comforts and amenities in a rustic woodsy setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Hotel Rangeley
- Rangeley Lake Hotel
- Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort Maine