“Gourmet dining.”

Forks in the Air Mountain Bistro
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Rangeley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Forks in the Air Mountain Bistro is a Rangeley restaurant celebrating Maine's food and drink at its best. Located on Main Street in Rangeley, Maine, join us for dinner this summer.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Let's eat at Forks tonight! That's going to be my new mantra. Every dish is special - even the fries were different - truffle fries. I devoured the paella and my wife loved the flatbread from the 'smallplates' menu. During the evening the owner and the chef paid us a visit and chatted for a while. The staff were wonderful. We were lucky and had no problem being seated on short notice, but since it's a relatively small restaurant, I would make reservations in advance in the future. The decor is consistent with the mountain setting, but upscale, such as the tin ceiling and original Ashley Grey artwork.

There are newer reviews for Forks in the Air Mountain Bistro

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I ate at Forks in the Air for dinner in late October 2013. There isn’t a lot of seating in this restaurant but the atmosphere is very nice and cozy. I had a delicious pumpkin ale that I would highly recommend. My husband had the Caesar salad (ask for no anchovies if you don’t want them) and the roasted wild mushrooms. I had the house made gnocchi with pumpkin alfredo and roasted butternut squash. Everything was amazing! We got flatbread takeout the next night and it was pretty good too. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you want an excellent dining experience, go to Forks in the Air. The decor is warm and welcoming with a smart contemporary flair. All employees were genuinely friendly and our waiter, Joe, gave us prompt and accurate service. The chef's creations for each course showed great attention to details including presentation and unusual delicious combinations of flavors and textures. Our experience left all six of us in the party completely satisfied and hoping to return in the near future. This restaurant does it right!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Upscale dining. However, arrive before 7..because the small kitchen gets very busy very fast. Diverse menu and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Lawrence C
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Two of us on a Thursday night after a 5 hour drive ...we were seated at a very comfortable table...the place had a very nice ambience and it didn't hurt to see the setting sun reflected in the water ...our server was delightful,lovely and accomplished...Aim-me...hope I got it right...had a delicious glass of fresh maine brewed amber beer ...wine by the glass was fine..I sent the first glass back as it was not opened that night nor well protected...it was graciously replaced with a fresh glass ...we shared the fried calamari ...good but not great..unfortunately the gap between good and great is huge..but I would order it again ....I had the steak and Frites ...it was quite good ...my wife had the Statler chicken and it was excellent...we had a wonderful time and will happily return ...forgot to mention the bread which is thin,crispy ,garlicky and to die for ..thank god we got seconds ...

2  Thank cookings