“Great family place!”
Review of Saddleback Maine - CLOSED

Saddleback Maine
More attraction details
Owner description: At Saddleback, we've taken a different road from other large resorts. From our natural terrain and our wilderness environment to how the mountain was developed and is operated, almost everything about Saddleback is different.It's a magnificent mountain with genuine values and a gentle soul. It's the way Alpine skiing and riding used to be. Classic New England ski terrain with trails that follow the contours. Snow-covered conifers over most of the mountain create a different feel with rime-frosted trees at the lower elevations and snow ghosts at the upper. High elevation alpine experience with snowfields. At 4120 ft elevation, Saddleback is only one of seven ski mountains in New England with atop lift elevation over 4000 feet. Our vertical is greater than several well-known big mountain resorts. Kennebago Steeps! is the largest steep skiing and riding facility in the East. Saddleback has extensive glades like other ski areas but only Saddleback has Casablanca Glades & Chutes which provide endless ways down through Paradise.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place to bring your kids. Everything is so good organized.Very good instructors for kids. We were skiing for 3 days and enjoy it.

There are newer reviews for Saddleback Maine

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Amazing tight and twisty trails. The best quality snow in Maine. The staff are excellent. The lodge is a very classy place. The bakery in the lodge is great. Great place to ski - I make a point of skiing here 3 times a year!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I head up to Saddleback in early March every year with a group of people. This group has been together for 30 years and we've skied all over New England. After years of staying at Sugarloaf, we switched to Saddleback 5 years ago. The change has been extremely positive in many ways. The lodging is terrific and in great shape. The lifts are slow, however, because they are slow, the trails are NEVER crowded and the snow on the last run of the day is just as good as it is on the first run of the day. The people are very friendly and welcoming. The only downside is that it takes a while to drive up there, but from the time you arrive to the time you leave, the drive is well worth it. Lift ticket prices are very reasonable. The terrain is as challenging as you want it to be, but if you just want to cruise, you can do that. The ski school instructors all seem to be enjoying what they do and the kids that are taking lessons appear to really be enjoying themselves. The lodge is fantastic and is about the best in all of New England.

5  Thank bk3104
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I skied Saddleback for the first time on Sunday March 10. It was a wonderful day! We loved the packed powder conditions, the down-to-earth people, the accessible lodge and the great ski trails, especially the Kennebago steeps and the glades. I only wished I had climbed to the top to see the views, as my sons did. It was a great value and I highly recommend it.

3  Thank NHMom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I hesitate to write such a glowing review for fear of exposing the magic of Saddleback to the masses. Being new to NE, we were unknowing of what skiing in this area had to offer for our family. More importantly, we were looking for a place to create a positive experience for our 5 year old to learn how to ski while our 2 other intermediate snowboarding boys could develop their passion. We found it, this is it!!! The personal attention of this ski school is absolutely fabulous. My son spoke about his instructor Steve non-stop, so much so, that we had no choice but to drive the 5hrs from south of Boston for our next ski excursion. Well worth the trip! While limited in ski lifts, Saddleback is not overwhelmingly touristy and has a wonderful family atmosphere. My wife and I have skiied everywhere from Squaw Valley to the Alps, and recognize that while the skiing "is what it is", this place is truly a gem.

3  Thank G_fam5_adventures