“Great mountain!”
Review of Saddleback Maine - CLOSED

Saddleback Maine
More attraction details
Owner description: At Saddleback, we've taken a different road from other large resorts. From our natural terrain and our wilderness environment to how the mountain was developed and is operated, almost everything about Saddleback is different.It's a magnificent mountain with genuine values and a gentle soul. It's the way Alpine skiing and riding used to be. Classic New England ski terrain with trails that follow the contours. Snow-covered conifers over most of the mountain create a different feel with rime-frosted trees at the lower elevations and snow ghosts at the upper. High elevation alpine experience with snowfields. At 4120 ft elevation, Saddleback is only one of seven ski mountains in New England with atop lift elevation over 4000 feet. Our vertical is greater than several well-known big mountain resorts. Kennebago Steeps! is the largest steep skiing and riding facility in the East. Saddleback has extensive glades like other ski areas but only Saddleback has Casablanca Glades & Chutes which provide endless ways down through Paradise.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I skied Saddleback for the first time on Sunday March 10. It was a wonderful day! We loved the packed powder conditions, the down-to-earth people, the accessible lodge and the great ski trails, especially the Kennebago steeps and the glades. I only wished I had climbed to the top to see the views, as my sons did. It was a great value and I highly recommend it.

3  Thank NHMom

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I hesitate to write such a glowing review for fear of exposing the magic of Saddleback to the masses. Being new to NE, we were unknowing of what skiing in this area had to offer for our family. More importantly, we were looking for a place to create a positive experience for our 5 year old to learn how to ski while our 2 other intermediate snowboarding boys could develop their passion. We found it, this is it!!! The personal attention of this ski school is absolutely fabulous. My son spoke about his instructor Steve non-stop, so much so, that we had no choice but to drive the 5hrs from south of Boston for our next ski excursion. Well worth the trip! While limited in ski lifts, Saddleback is not overwhelmingly touristy and has a wonderful family atmosphere. My wife and I have skiied everywhere from Squaw Valley to the Alps, and recognize that while the skiing "is what it is", this place is truly a gem.

3  Thank G_fam5_adventures
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Second year travelling to Saddleback for March Break Ski Getaway. Great Family Ski Hill, welcoming staff and fantastic ski school.

They have great ski and lodging packages, ski-in/ski out and the conditions were perfect.

We will be back,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Saddleback is a terrific mountain, very friendly and most often very uncrowded. There is terrain to challenge even the best skiers - great mogul runs, beautiful glades, and fun cruisers. We always ski out west but took advantage of a ticket deal here and we will go back. Completely enjoyable.