“Sunset Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

One of the better restaurants in Rangeley. It's set back from the lake but you still see it. We did see a sunset from inside. Fast service, clean restaurant but a bit pricey. We had Haddock stuffed w/Crab in Newberg sauce & Salmon Special. Both were very good. You have to ask for bread if you want it and it was a Cranberry Quickbread. Recommend this place but another place just as good & better prices in Tall Tales in Oquossoc.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Sitting on the deck overlooking Rangeley lake was spectacular. The food was delicious although it took longer than expected. The restaurant was packed and that may be the reason. Very good place to enjoy lunch on the deck.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

No reservations, but no worries. ..tables galore and food to match!

Food is wholesome, and average in quality, but generous in quantity. Very reasonable pricing, with most entrees around $18. Wines are only fair, so best to order your beer here. Desserts looked good. We had the homemade local blueberry pie and it was excellent!!

Service is mediocre. One time was good, and another was poor.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The gang at Parkside continue to work on improving their menu. I think over the past 10 Years they have had 20 different buger rolls.
Honestly. I think they have nailed it! Best Burgers!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The prices are a little high for the what you get, average restaurant food, nothing special.
The chowder is very thin.
But most of all, the service is SLOW, we had eaten lunch there which took 2 hours, the eating part was anout 15 minutes and that's only because my wife is a slow eater. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, we went back a few days later for dinner last night and after my wife and son were served, the waitress disappeared. Not only did I never get my meal, we were never asked how our meal was.
And when finally the waitress came back and I said since everyone else had already eaten, that she may as well cancel my order, she again disappeared and another waiter came and asked if I wanted them to quickly make my meal (Steak tips). Again, I said it was too late, so he offered to get me some chowder or some pie.
After this I was presented with the bill, with no offer to "comp" any of it. I paid it, and looking back am mad at myself for giving even the 10% tip, which was undeserved.

fisherman76, Owner at Parkside & Main Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hi Scott,

I talked with you personally about your dinner experience at Parkside over the phone. I thought I was very accommodating and offered you a free dinner to make up for our mistake. I really appreciate you letting me know about your experience at Parkside. We strive to be the best we can but sometimes... well we are human and make mistakes! The restaurant business is very unforgiving about mistakes, it is probably the only type of business where 99% is not good enough. Again I am sorry if you ever find yourself in Rangeley please give me a call so I can make your experience right.

Kash/ co-owner