“Escape from the city”
Review of Town & Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rangeley
Town & Lake Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rangeley
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here several times (3) in the cottages. We enjoy the solitude, beautiful scenery and being able to eat-in or eat -out as we please. Moose sightings are indeed and added benefit. Watching the sea planes and being able to use the kayaks make for a great vacation. I'd like to stay a week but we usually only manage a few days at a time. It is rustic and certainly not a Marriott but it's what you come to Maine for. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LindaKenney

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here while we were passing through Rangeley in June. The view from the rooms is gorgeous, right on the shore of the lake, with free access to kayaks etc for the guests. We got the special room with a likeness of Jesus in the woodgrain of the bathroom door. We decided it more closely resembled Chewbacca, but each to their own. The motel is ok, what I would expect from a roadside motel, nothing fancy, we slept and left again. More expensive than I would expect for what you get. I guess the location is a huge selling point.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shelldashe
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I recently stayed at Town and Lake Motel and had a very unpleasant experience. On our first night we had no hot water. The onwer said he would call a plumber. The next morning a plumber came to address the problem. Later in the day we again had no hot water. Upon reporting it to the owner again he became upset and raise his voice to my girlfriend and said he did everything he could do. I spoke to the onwer and asked him not to raise his voice to my girlfriend and tried to resolve the situation. He became very rude to me and said he did all he could and said if we weren't happy then in the morning we could pack and leave. We had already reserved the place thru midweek and weren't willing to leave without some sort of reimbursement. On the third afternoon we again called the front desk and the lady we spoke to said the problem was not with the plumbing and that it must be electrical and they had called an electrician to come the next day. Well day four came and still no hot water. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nascar8fan03
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed for one night while passing through. This is an old-fashioned motel but well-maintained, clean and very comfortable, and the lakeside location is a great advantage. I shall return if in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Maus59
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Went to main office to check in and spent 10 minutes being barked at by the owners dog, no one else was there. No problem, he was busy. However, there was no excuse for the bathroom! The tiny bathroom had a shower stall that was covered in black mold all on the bottom. It was totally disgusting. We had one facecloth, 2 towels had obvious stains, so did the sheets and the showerhead had a leak that splatter all over the floor, I thought someone had just taken a shower. If I had seen the room beforehand, I would have slept in my car and saved a wasted $100 bucks. We wouldn't even take a shower and if you like to sleep in somewhat darkness, forget it, there are no shades, only drapes in the windows, no AC, just a fan. If you want to open the windows you have to take the screens off to open the windows. The owners really need to put some major repairs into their hotel. The only thing going for it is their location. Stay else where and pay extra, it'll be worth it to be able to shower and feel clean!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maxrocko
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Love it, LOCATION IS RIGHT! No, it's not a Hilton, don't know what that guy's prob is... glad I didn't listen. Watched the sea plane land & take-off, feed the ducks (bring crackers) and after playing with the dogs. We went Moose hunting up Rt 16..Saw a Bull walk right in front of the car, then saw a cow that my son got great pics of. Mission Moose complete. Went out to the Loon Lodge for a great dinner in the Pub, walked down to their dock after. When we got home a friendly cat wanted to come in our room and say hi..... In the a.m. I went for a kayak ride- yes they have them for you, & let us stay after check out time- so I could change (nice) Got good directions to Angle falls (you need them, no signs-really) Went back for a sea plane ride (next door to motel, under the salon- only 56$ a person) Saw a Moose in the wild-Wish we stayed longer-I want to go back! Stayed at a nice Old Hotel in MN & the Brettonwoods Lodge NH But this was the most fun!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Travlin-CU
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Depends on what you go to Rangeley for! The cottages are wonderful for a family vacation. Much nicer than the rooms (I've stayed in both) Can't beat the view and great for little kids who need more of a homelike atmosphere. Cable TV, DVD players, and kitchens complete with dishwashers. Love the covered porch as a great place to relax even if it rains! Got to make your own fun in Rangeley for the most part. My grandson's favorite activity was refilling the woodbox!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank OutdoorGrammie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rangeley
The Rangeley Inn
Spillover Motel
Spillover Motel
#1 of 2 in Stratton
Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort

Been to Town & Lake Motel? Share your experiences!