“Great week on Mooselook!!!”

Review of Steiman

Lower Level living area with 2 Bunks
Lower Level Bathroom
Firepit
Wooded path to water
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“yes and no”
Reviewed July 5, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The highlight of this rental (for my family and for me) was the lovely lakefront. This is a beautiful property in terms of the land and waterfront. We swam daily, used the row boat, and enjoyed the fabulous fire place. However, for the price (@2600 per week after all fees) I expected a top notch, great condition unit/house. Instead, my family felt the house was "tired." My husband patched the hole in the row boat successfully. The bedrooms were perfectly fine upstairs, but the basement area, which sleeps about 6, was fairly damp and I would argue would benefit from a better humidifier. Too, the tap water (well water?) was cloudy and off color. The toilets were markedly stained. This is life in the woods, but I have never had this experience before with the water in the many years I have stayed in this area. The grill outside also was not in working order. Again, all of this is understandable, but for the price, my family will not rent this house again. In sum, it is a beautiful lake front - we felt fortunate to be there - and Morton and Furbish is wonderful and responsive! But, for us, we will likely choose a different Morton and Furbish house next time around.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Sep 28, 2015
Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. I spoke to the owner of the property and we both are committed to making her home a wonderful vacation rental for families inside and out. We will make sure the housekeepers check and empty the dehumidifier between renters (she said that should eliminate the musty smell in the basement). Also, she plans to research the cloudiness in her water this fall. We will make sure next spring to do an inspection of the home before our first guest arrives. The grill should be in working order, and if not our housekeepers are supposed to report that to us. Sorry again for you experience at this home, and we hope to see you next summer!! Have a wonderful day. Beth :)
NJ

Reviewed July 21, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing