“Oceanside Meadow is FABULOUS!”

and 1 more site!
Acadia Oceanside Meadows Inn
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We spent June 20-25, 2012 at Oceanside Meadows B&B. It was a marvelous experience from the booking, the stay, right up until departure: then it got sad because we had to leave! The property is immaculate and beautiful. The views are wonderful in that you either look out upon the extensive meadows or on the ocean. The 3 course breakfast is delightfully presented and tasty on the pallet; not heavy and quite healty. What's neat are the edible flowers with each course served! The staff is warm, friendly and helpful (Beth, Margaret and everyone else). We stayed in room 4 of the 1820 Farmouse. Every detail was attended to and we are SURE to return as well as direct all of our friends here. I have stayed at many B&B's and this is far and away the best of everything.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I instantly fell in love with the Oceanside Meadows Inn and the quiet Schoodic Peninsula where it is located.
The Old Sea Captain's house and the farmhouse next door, which comprise the inn, have been decorated with antiques collected by the owners and give the place a very authentic feel. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable, there are acres of gardens for the guests' enjoyment, and the oceanfront location can't be beat. I loved being lulled to sleep each night by the sound of the waves outside my window.
Breakfast was delicious and the host, Ben Walter, and his staff were friendly and helpful.
Oceanside Meadows Inn was my favorite accommodation on my road trip through New England and I'd love to return there some day soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at Oceanside Meadows with a family of five. The rooms were a bit "fussy" in decoration, but comfortable and the sound of the ocean was wonderful! We loved the area and the gardens surrounding the Inn are beautiful. We took the hike around the property and were almost eaten alive by mosquitoes, but we won't blame the Inn for that! Breakfast was a highlight each day, served on gorgeous dishes, but my children did not like the "starter" course of cold fruit soup. The kitchen staff seemed truly baffled by this and not at all interested in offering something more familiar to children: a dish of berries perhaps. Oceanside Meadows has all the ingredients for a superb Inn: location, size of property, number of rooms, wonderful chef. Yet something was missing: each employee reacted as if we had intruded on the property and there was absolutely no warmth of hospitality. At an Inn of this size I would expect a greater feeling of it being family-run, but we met no one who took a personal interest in us or in the establishment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pineGermany
Reviewed May 4, 2012

When going to Acadia park during summer, prepare for crowds. Bar harbor is usually packed, and the lanes and tracks are full.
So, after a day's hike, you sometimes want a little peace and quiet.
The Schoodic peninsula is on the east side of the park, and fits the bill. it is a wonderfully scenic place, from the road to the beach. Besides Acadia, you have a huge bird refuge on the other side of the peninsula you can visit and hike in.
The Oceanside Meadows in a rambling big house, family run with a good balance between professional service and friendly demeanor.
The rooms are huge and well furnished. Take one of the beach overlooking front rooms, sunrise is a treat.
The beach is 3 minutes on foot, and there're half a dozen easy hiking trails in all directions.
Breakfast, as well as all other amenities, was excellent. The laid back ways of the inn are catching, you can really relax there, so as home base to the whole Downeast area - I highly recommend it.
Pricing is also good, especially when compared to Bar Harbor.
The only serious drawback is, it takes about 40 minutes to get from the inn to the main Acadia park area. If you don't mind the drive, or plan to party all night - this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Choose rooms who face towards the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amit M
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I visited Oceanside Meadows for a 2 night stay in September. The Schoodic peninsula is so beautiful. The close access to the oceanfront was so peaceful. Breakfast was unique with edible flowers on every course. Fantastic, tasty dishes. Wonderful for people who enjoy bike riding, hiking, and watching lobstermen pull in their catch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gottago1211
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Summer 2011 my family and I went to Maine for the first time. We stayed at Oceanside Meadows Inn while in the Acadia area. It was kind of different when we arrived as we could not find anyone to help us. Once we did though we had an extensive orientation of the property and then taken to our rooms. They were clean, but truly this is an old residence and you need to be okay with that. The location was out, which we knew that was the case, again you need to be okay with that. It was close to the Scoodic Penisula portion of Acadia National which was beautiful!!! But, let me say the breakfast was absolutely the most impressive of any we had on this trip. Truly gourmet and beautiful presentation! I loved the fact that herbs and edilbe flowers were grown on the property and used fresh daily. There was quite a bit of wild life that we were able to see, although hoping to see a moose and we did not. Anyway, a nice stay for a natural feeling no frills other than breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose an oceanview room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We had a nice ocean view room that we'd stayed in before, 4 years ago, and indeed this was my third visit . I can understand and agree with the comments about "lack of warmth" and "owners missing in action". I'd also add that in my experience that email requests require following up and its sometimes hard to establish communication. I honestly think they're happier with internet bookings. The other thing that needs saying is that the local dining options can be few and far between especially out of peak season, especially if you want something more than middling in quality.

These aside the place is comfortable and nicely located right by the shore in a beautiful area . I'd stay again for that reason alone.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Acadia Oceanside Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!