“Disappointing Meal” 1 of 5 bubbles

Governor's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Presque Isle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Hampshire
“Disappointing Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our family went for Sunday breakfast recently. As there were 8 of us, we ended up in a back room which did impact the service. Some of us ordered the buffet and some off the meu - another issue for the service. As a result, we all ate a different times. On a busy Sunday, I guess that is not too unusal.

The food, particularly on the buffet was not great. Greasy and overcooked. The items ordered off the menu were much better, but it took forever to get them.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eeepee98

Atlanta, GA
“Great Breakfast Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I were in Presque Isle on vacation last week and stopped by the Governor's two mornings in a row for breakfast. We all had different dishes and were pleased with each of them. I ordered 3 pancakes one morning and couldn't finish them; I should've ordered 2 because I didn't think they'd be that large, but I just took the leftovers to go and had it for dinner. The ham and cheese omelet was ridiculous. The standard French toast - sublime. I wished I had appetite enough to try a slice of one of the mile-high cakes in the rotating display case in the front of the restaurant. The servers were very friendly and hospitable. My family and I ate like P-I-G hogs the entire week we were in Presque Isle the food was so good and simple.

• Visited July 2012
Marco Island, Florida
“Homestyle; good food for breakfast & dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

A very nice place for tasty food and nice service.

We've eaten there numerous times and not been disappointed.

Try the potatoe pancakes (side dish)... they're great!

Absolute best cinammon-raisin breat you've ever tasted -- fabulous as French Toast!!

• Visited July 2012
Maine
“Not Bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

You can get some good food at the Gov's and their specials are pretty decently priced. I used to LOVE Gov's, it was one of my favorite places to eat out. Over the years the prices have gone up but the portions remain the same. If you haven't been to the Gov's, it's definitely worth a try!

Visited February 2012
Sophieschoice61
“Diner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not impressed pricy for type of food you get! Breakfast is good

Visited May 2012