“Homestyle; good food for breakfast & dinner”

Governor's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Presque Isle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

A very nice place for tasty food and nice service.

We've eaten there numerous times and not been disappointed.

Try the potatoe pancakes (side dish)... they're great!

Absolute best cinammon-raisin breat you've ever tasted -- fabulous as French Toast!!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

You can get some good food at the Gov's and their specials are pretty decently priced. I used to LOVE Gov's, it was one of my favorite places to eat out. Over the years the prices have gone up but the portions remain the same. If you haven't been to the Gov's, it's definitely worth a try!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not impressed pricy for type of food you get! Breakfast is good

Reviewed June 6, 2012

First and foremost I had a great waitress (Kayla) that did all she could to make my dining experience a psoitive one. Unfortunately, I ordered the broiled Salmon Filet and when it arrived I was shocked at how small it was (2" X4"). Kayla explained that there had been an error and that another filet (same Size) was being prepared for me. No big deal. Just as I finished my first filet the second arrived. I noticed right away that it was dry and rubbery. I eat a lot of fish and on occassion when I am in a rush I use the microwave. This 2nd filet was not only cooked in the microwave but seriously overcooked. Kayla took it back and discovered it had in fact been Nuked and a new filet was on its way (I wonder what they may have done to that filet). The 2nd filet arrived shortly there after. I have 10 people working in the area over the next 5 months. I have advised them to avoid this place.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Do not eat their cream puffs..they are huge, but normally not fresh, what a disapointment.