“Mixed bag, but given the limited choices, would probably stay again.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Northeastland Hotel

The Northeastland Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Louisville, Kentucky
“Mixed bag, but given the limited choices, would probably stay again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

Convenient location right on the main drag. My room was on a corridor of mixed smoking and non-smoking rooms on the 1st floor. Room was clean for the most part, though I found a bug in the bathroom immediately after checking in (not a roach fortunately)! Some cracked tiles in the bathroom floor. Decor / furniture was a couple decades old, but the mattress was good and firm, so must have been newer than the rest of it. Had to go outside from lobby through back parking lot to access my room, even though hotel has interior corridors. Room was partially below grade, so if a car was parked outside my window, I would have been staring into its grille for my view. I'm told from a relative on the other side of the hall that there was carousing from the bar crowd in the parking lot outside her window until the wee hours on a Fri. night. Garbage truck emptying a dumpster for the next building woke me up at 5 a.m. Staff was very friendly, including in the bar and the restaurant. Tremendous water pressure! A decent value, but the place has its issues.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anonymous9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

I stayed at The Northeastland, July 2-5, 2007. Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive about booking the hotel, or any hotel in the area, at first. The area doesn't have nationally recognized chain hotels, so you are at a bit of a disadvantage if you don't know the area or have family or friends to offer suggestions. I originally booked a reservation at the Presque Isle Inn at a rate of $84.00. I then called The Northeastland and was quoted a corporate rate of $73.00. The reservationist at The Northeastland was extremely friendly and gave me great information about the hotel, so I cancelled my reservation at the Presque Isle Inn and stayed at The Northeastland instead.

The Northeastland is conveniently located right on Main Street, in the heart of Presque Isle. It takes just a few minutes to get to the mall and area restaurants. When I checked in to the hotel, the front desk associate was very friendly and helpful with directions. Throughout my entire stay, the staff was absolutely wonderful, especially Moe! Everyone just made you feel like you were right at home. The guest room was quite large but the furniture was a bit dated (1980's-ish). Honestly, to me, the furniture didn't matter because the room and bathroom were impeccably clean. The bed was also very comfortable, the TV offered at least 70 channels, and the hotel offers complimentary wireless internet. I ordered room service twice while staying at the hotel. The food was delivered very quickly (10 minutes or less) and was delicious. I also enjoyed visiting their small exercise room in the morning.

I can't say enough good things about The Northeastland or its staff. When I return to "the county", I will definitely stay at The Northeastland again!!

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Outdated Furniture
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ACase11
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to The Northeastland Hotel? Share your experiences!