“Well worth the stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Dresden Mills, Maine, United States
“Well worth the stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Like the saying goes; "If you come to Maine not looking for much, you will find a lot". Although this hotel is older, it holds much value inside. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The rooms are clean, up to date and comfortable. They have an indoor pool and a real fitness center. Their Italian restaurant features excellent fare and their lounge is well stocked.

I can go to a newer fancy hotel anywhere and get a bottle of water and a snack and pay considerately more for "points", or I can stay here and get a great value and feel at home. When I come to Presque Isle, this is my place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Jim P,
Thank you, I am pleased to read such a wonderful and complementary review. I have posted this for all the staff to see. It is our goal that all our guests have the same positive experience that you have posted. We are here for our guests 24 hours a day, so that everyone may share this same experience. As an independent hotel we strive in listening to our customers and make needed changes as we can. Gram Russo’s Restaurant is one of the TOP Restaurants in the area, thank you for dining with us. We look forward to your returning to your Home away from Home. Please stop by and say hello on your next trip to the County. Thank you again for taking your time out to write this review.
Kevin B Simmons - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice place to stay that had a good restaurant off of the lobby, and had good service overall at a reasonable price. Access to the health club downstairs, included with the room, makes cardio machines, weight machines and free weights available, plus a pool of decent length.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your comments with others. It pleases me knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our properties Amenities. Knowing you have many choices to stay in the county, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.

Bath, ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spend probably 30-40 nights a year in motels, hotels and lodges between work and leisure travel in the Northeast and Canada. I've stayed in some really nice places, and some really lousy places. Whenever I'm in Presque Isle though, this is the place to stay.
Yeah, some of it is a bit tired, but the rooms are very spacious, the beds are comfortable, the Wi-Fi never fails, and the staff is great. The rooms are unfailingly clean, and nicely done up every day when you're there for a while. Excellent western views from the rooms on that side.
The restaurant is fine. I've haven't been to the bar recently, but it used to be quite a place when I was younger and more foolish. Now I appreciate that it is nicely separated from the rooms, so unless you're interested you'd never know it was there.
Plus they just don't make 'em like this any more. I enjoy a nice new Hampton Inn as much as the next traveler, but every once in a while it's nice to stay at a funky traditional hotel. This place is well worth a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob M
Bob M,
It was a pleasure reading your review. Thank you for taking the time out and letting us know that even the Classic’s still rate high. Yes we are a classic, but all our upgrades and renovations are done with you , our customer in mind. We take pride in being able to offer clean, comfortable and updated rooms at an affordable price. Yes, they don’t make’em like us anymore, but we promise to keep the Classic just the way you like it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Berlin, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

After driving 7 hours, looking for a room at 11:00 PM is not easy. Walked in and was nicely greeted and asked for a room for a trip suddenly taken. No problem, given corporate discount per work based travel and had a nice clean room and very clean bathroom. Noisy air conditioner but that didn't make much difference after long travel. Continental breakfast was ok. Choose not to dine light. For a quick crash it was better than one can ask for.

Room Tip: I had a no smoking room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Steven B
I am glad the after driving 7 hours we were able to give you the rest you needed. It is our goal that all our customers have an affordable clean, comfortable and restful stay. Hopefully on your next trip, you will be able to spend more time with us and enjoy all our properties fine amenities. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back our way again.
Aachen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

What a HORRIBLE hotel! It's so old and so dirty I almost didn't stay. The only reason I did is because I was so tired I didn't want to lug everything back out to my car to go to another hotel.

The first thing I heard on check-in was someone over the radio calling for maintenance to go fix an overflowing toilet in one of the rooms. That should have been my warning sign to leave. The toilet in my room didn't overflow but it BARELY flushed and it randomly kicked in and filled with water every 10-20 minutes all day and all night! And it was LOUD! It woke me up 3 or 4 times until I finally got out of bed and went and shut the water off.

The walls are paper thin! I heard everything my neighbors were saying and doing.

The pool is disgusting! They have a change room and sauna, but the sauna doesn't work and it smells like urine so even if it did work you wouldn't catch me going into it!

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again! For what they're charging you would think they could put some money towards maintenance and repairs! Even the outside of the hotel looks run down and junky!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Ben P

Travelers are raving about these Presque Isle hotels

Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I believe I will try the Hampton Inn Presque Isle if I'm in Presque isle again. the rooms were ok, no elevator, lots of stairs, broken shower head.. Nothing major. No bugs or anything extreme. Front desk clerks were not helpful at all, very rude actually.. not worth the $110 we paid for the night. Convenient location though, near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin506
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is okay for the price,the rooms are a bit dated and worn. Cleanliness is average.The staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs. The only thing I found annoying is the analog, tube tv's .

• Stayed March 2013
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!