“Nice stop off to Canada”

Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice hotel, although it could use some make over. Rooms were clean and quiet. Very professional and friendly employees. Very good lounge and resturant on site. Easy in and out, hotel is right on route 1. Plenty of parking, even for trailers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A large clean room was available on short notice for a last minute booking. The facilities such as a business center, fitness center, and pool were all available for use and well maintained. The in hotel restaurant is a class act with an excellent breakfast and outstanding decor. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. This independent hotel doesn't give you hhonors points, but when the Hampton Inn was full they had much more than a manger ready for a road weary traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here because of business. It was ok. We had to ask for tissues and toilet paper and extra towels (they didn't provide towels at the pool). A guest was checking in and asked if these items weren't in the room initially. They are but they didn't leave much. There was only about a half a roll of T.P. and no extra roll and there were about 5 tissues left in a box. The handle on the bathroom door was about to fall off so when you went in and shut the door, it was a little bit of work to open it back up again. The cleanliness of the room could of been better.The front desk service could of been better. The exercise room wasn't well marked and when I asked where it was, the girl at the desk acted like I was bothering her. The pool was nice but the exercise room wasn't so great. It was nice to have a restaurant right in the hotel but its quite pricey and the food isn't that great. I wouldn't of wanted to stay here for days but I guess for an overnight business trip its ok.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been staying at the Presque Isle on and off for the past several months while in Presque Isle on business. I am happy to stay at the motel every time I am in town, The rooms are well equiped, very clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel indoor pool is a very big plus, the pool is very clean and a pleasure to use. I have not used the hotel fittness center myself but it is one of only two such centers in town and I regularly see many local people come to the hotel to use the equipment. It is free to hotel guests. I have stayed at all the most popular hotels in town and the Presque Isle Inn is the best priced and the best value for my hotel dollar. The hotel staff have always been very responsive to my needs. I highly recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I stayed here last week during our vacation. There was some sort of racing convention during the same time that had the rooms booked at all the other hotels. This property is pretty dated and therefore isn't ADA accessible or 100% smoke-free, which posed a problem for my mom who has breathing problems and benefits from the use of an elevator. It's very 70's looking. Aside, the staff was really nice and tried to be as accommodating as possible. My room had two double beds and was comfortable. My housekeeper, Lacie, kept it quite clean. The toilet malfunctioned a couple of times by not wanting to flush properly. The water drained very slowly when I took a shower. I couldn't do anything about the property being old so I made the best of it. It could've been worse. This place will seriously need to improve to compete with the new Hampton Inn just down the street. At least upgrade the soft goods and the televisions. Not all of the desks even have actual task chairs.

Room Tip: -You must request a non-smoking room to get one as this property is not 100% smoke-free.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a horrible stay here. The third floor smelled horrible of cigarettes even though we booked a non smoking room. When I called I was told the charge was $89/night...when we checked in we were told the rate was $109 because they got busy. Our hot water didn't work in the shower. There are no bathrooms in the pool area so the kids had to go to our rooms to go to the bathroom. When I checked in I asked to be with our group of 6 other booking rooms on the third floor, I was told there were no rooms on the third floor, others from my group went to check in minutes after me and got on the third floor. I then called the hotel to see about switching our room and did get it switched. The bar closed at 11. We will not be returning

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Murray2004
Reviewed July 9, 2012

PI Inn is old, and does need some upgrades. The girl at the front desk was friendly, and helpful. She even came out to see our Schnauzers. The room was clean, but there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, but you could get one for a nominal fee. Most places they are standard. They are "pet friendly", and fee was just $25 per stay. We ate on premises at Gram Russo's, because of our dogs. The prices weren't bad, but the meals could have been better, especially breakfast, and service was slow.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Northeastland Hotel
The Northeastland Hotel
#3 of 5 in Presque Isle

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!