“Glad we saw it”

Maine Solar System Model
More attraction details
Owner description: Scale model of the Earth's solar system built by the people of Aroostook County.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Always wanted to see the model along Rt 1. Starts in Houlton, ends in PI. It's easy to miss the smaller planets, but interesting to see the larger ones. It's very educational and the scale model makes it easier to understand just how huge our solar system is.

All reviews
"information"
in 4 reviews
"learning"

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was such a fun activity to do with our older kids (7 and 8) as we were traveling north on Route 1. We picked up the brochure at the Maine Tourist Center and enjoyed stopping at all of the planets along the way. The kids learned a lot about our solar system and had fun doing it. (As a teacher...I can't ask for anything more!)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had no idea this was there and it's a bit of a treasure hunt... go to their website and see where all of the stops are: http://pages.umpi.edu/~nmms/solar/
I happened upon the Saturn model and had to pull a U-turn to view it up close. SO COOL. I was surprised to find it and am eager to see more! I found the Jupiter model but the others I missed. After getting to Presque Isle I looked up the website and found where the other stops were. Totally going hunting for the other planets!

1  Thank ribsmalone
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This thing is just cool. Right there, by the side of the road, a planet. A few miles later, another one. Only here...

1  Thank rrruby