“# 1 Hampton Inn - Perfect & Very Clean”

Hampton Inn Presque Isle
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Reviewed May 23, 2013

On a business trip in September 2012 while travelling on business from Montreal to Halifax, I decided to cross into the U.S and stay here as I really wanted to stay at a Hampton Inn, there weren't any convenient locations on the Canadian side of the border to choose for my stopping spot.

This is by far the best Hampton Inn location I've ever stayed in out of 20 or more cities! It has beautiful modern rooms, great comfortable beds, a nice business desk for working.

And a nice bonus, I booked one of their few smoking rooms so I didn't have to go outside late at night while I was travelling alone in an unfamiliar place. The smoking room was extremely clean, smelled very fresh as they had a great (quiet) ventilation system. As a smoker, I generally would prefer to stay at non smoking hotels, or at least in a non smoking room and then go outside. Most smoking rooms at an old dated Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn are digusting. But I have to say - despite the fact that this hotel is a few years old, it is 100% spotless and clean, fresh smelling, even in a smoking room. If you are a non smoker and hesitate that this is the only room left, I don't think you would notice a difference - unless you are very sensitive.

There is a Walmart across the street, a small shopping mall around the corner, and Houlton is only about a half hour drive away. Presque Isle is a small town, with very friendly, nice people everywhere! And only about 20 min drive from the Perth Andover, NB border too.

I'd recommend this to all of the Canadians travelling the awful LONG boring drive through NB on their way to Quebec. Don't drive the whole way there - drop in to this Hampton along the way, it's worth it! I'll be back again later this year or early next year for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Travel Writer 2013,

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that it was worth your time crossing into the US to visit with us and that you found us so comfortable after a long trip. We try to keep our 2 smoking rooms as fresh as possible and thank you for commending our housekeeping staff for doing so. We have a morning 'huddle' every day with the staff on duty and I will be sure to pass your review on, it is always encouraging for all our staff to hear praise.
We look forward to welcoming your back to Presque Isle in future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I often travel to northern Maine on business and have stayed in several other motels in the area. The Presque Isle Hampton is the only hotel/motel I stay at when in the Caribou-Presque Isle area. The Hampton is undeniably the best in the area. I recommend it to anyone who travels to northern Maine.

Dear Jayne H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are so pleased to read your positive comments and that you have found us to be the most comfortable place to stay in The County. It is always nice to receive a review such as yours and I will make sure I pass your comments on to our staff in our daily meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn again.

With very best wishes.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

What an exceptionally friendy place to stay. Cathy is a pleasure to deal with in the afternoon while checking in and Shelly has a wonderful personality to start your day off with. These are just a couple of the people that I have dealt with during my stays. Everyone is SO friendly and accomadating! I will ALWAYS stay here when I am in the "County".

Room Tip: The sunset is amazing from the rooms on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Kevin G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I know Kathy and Shelly will be very pleased to hear of your kind comments. Our staff strive to make our guests as welcome as possible and to make our hotel a 'home from home'. I will share your comments at our morning staff 'huddle' and thank you on behalf of our staff for taking the time to review us.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in The County.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Overall it’s a clean modern location. Especially nice is the soup & salad buffet in the evening and they do offer a cash bar on week-nights which is a great touch. TV line up gets a 7 out of 10. The laundry, if you need it, will gouge you $4 for a wash & dry. They do have a small convenience pantry which is very convenient. If you have an issue they are not quick to resolve it but fortunately, issues don’t arise much. It’s the only chain hotel in town so if you want the consistency and predictability that a chain offers and you want to stay local...this is your spot. There is another chain about a half hour away just over the border but if you don't carry a passport you don’t have that option. Book early as they tend to fill up fast.

1  Thank Gary G

Dear Gary G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are pleased to hear you found us a comfortable place to stay during your time in Presque Isle. Our complimentary soup and salad is popular with our guests during the work week and we are happy to hear you enjoyed it. I will pass your comments on to our staff at our morning 'huddle' and I know they will be pleased to hear them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Presque Isle in future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Everything was excellent. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I just wish there were a few more hot items available during breakfast but overall it was a great hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dobar46, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Hello Heather N,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations for your trip. Hilton are adding some items to our breakfast later this year and we look forward to offering all our valued guests more choices.

We look forward to seeing you again in Presque Isle Maine and thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Best wishes

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'm a diamond member with Hilton, But it shouldn't matter. I came back from dinner and stop by the desk and asked for a bottle of water. The person at the front desk told me to go around the corner and she would charge it to my room. I told her that I was a diamond member and wanted to know if I could get a complementary bottled water. She asked me for my room number and then told me, you take your points so you will have to pay. I thank her and purchased a bottle of ginger ale out of the vending machine. That bottle of ginger ale will end up costing them hundreds of dollars if not more. This hotel doesn't cater to its customers because they feel are the only ones in town. Stay away if you can, I'll be driving to Canada for my next room. "Diamond in the rough" THIS IS NOT HOW MOST HAMPTION TREAT THERE CUSTOMER......

Room Tip: Make ure that they value you as a frequent traveler no matter if your a diamond status or first tim...
1  Thank Ron P
Dobar46, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear 334 Ron,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service during your recent stay. Please know that we value your input as a loyal HHonors member and this experience is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet your needs. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you travel through the area.

With sincere apologies.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Presque Isle on business for two nights, and couldn't believe this place. Exceptionally friendly staff, squeaky-clean room, great amenities. Not what I expect in such a small town. The rooms are lovely, luxe, and have free wifi. Also a fitness center and pool, plus 'happy hour' fare on weeknights. This was an unexpected gem!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear WoodAbbott,

We are thrilled to receive your great review of our hotel and will make sure all our staff receive your kind comments. We try our best to make all our guests feel welcomed and comfortable in our hotel and reviews such as yours means we achieve that!
We look forward to seeing you again at the Hampton Inn, Presque Isle.
With sincere thanks

#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Northeastland Hotel
The Northeastland Hotel
#3 of 5 in Presque Isle

Been to Hampton Inn Presque Isle? Share your experiences!