Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle
$112
TripAdvisor
Florenceville Inn(Florenceville-Bristol)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssoup and saladplace to staycomplimentary breakfast isbusiness tripbreakfast bararoostook countycomfortable bedsvery nice stayup to datefitness centernice poolvery nice hotelyogurtdefinitely stay here againcookieshot tubconvenient location
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had booked reservations online for this past weekend with a gov't rate as my husband works for the state and I work for federal. Upon arriving we were honest and said we were there for pleasure. They told us they wouldn't honor the gov't rate and we said that we had booked online and it didn't say we needed work orders and we were being honest about the reason for our stay. The manager became very hostile and said that even if we could find the wording we thought we saw online, he would not be honoring a gov't rate because he was not "giving away a room for half the price." The gov't rate was $87 and full price was $129. We again said that we did not agree with the policy and said that we stayed there last year and got the rate to which we were told they had been letting it slide in the past. We said we were disappointed and he told us "If that's how you feel, we don't need your business!" My kids were standing right there with our luggage!!! I couldn't believe it! We replied in this economy with empty rooms that was no way to treat your customers and he informed us that they were not hurting at all and business was great! I said I would like to call the Presque Isle Inn and Convention Center and he gladly offered the phone number! I was dumbfounded! He never offered to try to work with us, see if we had AAA, NOTHING! We called the Convention Center and quickly packed the car back up and headed back down the street where we had an amazing stay! I told the poor emberassed girl at the counter that we were ready to pay full price until the manager told us he didn't need our business and he had just blown $500 for his business! (We had 2 rooms booked for 2 nights) I have never in all my life been treated at a business with such disrespect in all my life. I will NEVER stay here again, nor will I recommend it to any of my friends. So disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Krista V
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Hello Krista V,
I am disappointed to receive your review of our hotel, and can only apologize for the way you were treated by the Guest Services Manager upon arrival.
The contract we have with US State and Federal Government strictly states that a guest must be travelling on Government business and we must adhere to that. I have pasted in what our website states when requesting the rate " PLEASE READ: MUST BE TRAVELING ON MAINE STATE GOVERNMENT BUSINESS. Current Maine State or Local Maine Government Employee ID or Travel Orders required at check-in. Includes hot breakfast, HS internet and fitness center. Not applicable if attending a group or convention. Limit 2 rooms per reservation.
The wording for Federal Government reads the same.

Again I sincerely apologize for your treatment at our hotel and assure you this is not a common practice.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a clean, quiet, friendly hotel. Close to the mall, great location ! This was our first time in the area, for the night and are already talking about going back. The room was spacious, the bathroom shower was wonderful. There was also a cocktail bar in the breakfast area in the evening, they were good enough to reheat our pizza for us. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Celtic Travellers,

On behalf of all our staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always good to receive positive feedback such as yours. I have shared your review with our staff and I know they will be pleased that we made such a good impression on you. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our bar, which we open Monday - Thursday nights. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn in future.

With very best wishes

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Close to everything and extremely clean with friendly staff. Nice size rooms with all day hot drinks and nice deluxe free breakfast with local paper in the morning. Found the fitness rooms to be one of the nicest of any hotel we've stayed in. Will be back to this top notch facility to stay in the future!!

Room Tip: King size room was bigger and more elegant then double room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RANDY M
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Randy, thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with all the staff. We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations with many of our free amenities - in particular the Fitness Center. We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I grew up in Presque Isle and this past weekend was the first time I have stayed at the Hampton Inn. I have only given five stars to a couple of hotels in my reviews but The Hampton Inn certainly deserves the ranking. No it isn’t a plush luxury hotel in a major metropolitan area, but for the location you couldn’t do any better.

The hotel is by far the most modern in the area with clean up to date rooms and flat screen televisions. The service was impeccable from the front desk staff to housekeeping and especially the breakfast host, Brenda. The free breakfast was great and is much more than a simple continental breakfast.

Internet connectivity was complementary and worked fine for checking email and parking was abundant and free for automobiles and snowmobiles alike.

If you are visiting Presque for business or leisure you can’t go wrong at The Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello David D, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you had such a great experience with us. Your review will be shared with our staff in our morning huddle and I can already see Brenda's face light up when I read your compliment to her! We strive to make this a home from home and reviews such as yours mean so much.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Hampton Inn, Presque Isle again.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were in town for a family wedding. Great accommodations! Clean rooms; the beds were nice and comfortable, plentiful breakfast in the morning and a pleasant staff. We had trouble in our shower the first morning and we didn't have to wait long for the staff to attend the problem. We were able to slightly extend the late check-out with no problems. Impressed - Great accommodations!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ksmfoto
PQIMA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Presque Isle, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel, particularly as it was for such a happy occasion. Happy New Year from all at The Hampton Inn, Presque Isle!