“Worth a trip to Portland just to eat here!”
Review of The Green Elephant

The Green Elephant
Ranked #5 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine made with love.
New Hampshire
“Worth a trip to Portland just to eat here!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

The Green Elephant is the best veg/vegan restaurant I've eaten in ANYWHERE. And the prices are very reasonable. My husband and I are both veggies but I think most meat eaters would love it too, as long as they like asian inspired dishes. They also have an interesting organic selection of beer and wine. The Blueberry Mead was yummy. The decor was modern and simple, the service, friendly and efficient. Try the spring rolls, vegetarian stew, asian duck and the orange chocolate pie. I would travel to Portland just to eat at The Green Elephant.

• Hebrew first
portland
“Best vegetarian restaurant!”
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have been to this restaurant several times, and i must say, it gets better every time. The food is always sooo goood, and the service is never less than stellar. The atmosphere is very relaxing, and even on a busy night, it's actually pretty quiet in there so that you can talk to the person you're with. This is the best place to try different varieties of soy meats, and asian inspired dishes. I always start with the tempura asparagus salad with thai peanut sauce...which is to die for! and i get the "pad sha rotini" which is tri color rotini pasta with soy chicken, red peppers, okra and some other vegetables i can't recall. The sauce is very light and almost like you don't know it's there. You can make anything as spicy as you like....and the best part about this restaurant besides the food.....its incredibly affordable!! the entrees range from 10-15 dollars, the appetizers are from 5-8 dollars. This restaurant is well worth trying, even if you're not a veggie. Everything is always fantastic and i always find myself wanting to go back there again, and again.

Portland
“One of the Best in town Portland Restaurants”
Reviewed December 1, 2008

This place has become one of my family's favorites. We do have two "veggies", but two of us are meat eaters. Even the meat eaters love "the Elephant". At first, we were bummed they weren't open for Sunday dinner. That has been changed with new hours. There are a number of meals that have become our cravings - the "tuna" salad and the spring rolls. One of us loves anything with their peanut sauce.
The service is consistently perfect - friendly, attentive but not obtrusive.
If you haven't tried this place, do!

1 Thank NealStreet
Maine
“THE BEST”
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Hands down the most quality food in portland.

Maine
“perfect!”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My friend and I were actually on our way to a different restaurant when we passed by The Green Elephant and were intrigued by it. My friend isn't even vegetarian and she absolutely LOVED the food. The service was great and the prices are wonderful as well. I had the steamed veggies with tofu and peanut sauce. If you go, you HAVE to try the mango and coconut sticky rice for dessert. My friend and I got it not knowing what to expect...it turned out to be the best dessert either of us had ever tasted! (Even better than cake :) I will definitely keep going here!

3 Thank beks06