“Amazing vegan food”

Ranked #7 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine made with love.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was visiting my sister in Portland, and had an amazing meal at this restaurant. The service was very friendly, the atmosphere is great, and the food is unbelievable. I've been a vegan for 8 years, and have missed Pad Thai very much. I was delighted to have vegan Pad Thai!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I'm a committed meat eater and the Green Elephant is very high on my favorite's list. The food is so refreshing crisp, fresh and flavorful that meat would be a heavy distraction. The steamed spring roll are a true delight. You can get spicy on five levels, 1 to 4 and 9-1-1! I loved the middle ground.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great food with many favors in each dish, we had the ginger noodle, curry and dumplings. Wonderful vegetarian dishes, crowded yet the food was hot and reasonable wait. 4.5

1  Thank Travelingmominne
Reviewed January 18, 2014

If you're in Portland and are a vegetarian or vegan or just like to eat healthy, wholesome, delicious food, I highly recommend the Green Elephant. We went there on a rainy, snowy Sunday evening, and it was packed. The menu has very interesting choices, and there are daily specials. The place also serves beer and wine. The service was courteous, knowledgeable, and good.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great spot that offers a range of vegetarian options. The staff is friendly and helpful without being over-solicitous. I dined with a non-vegetarian friend and he seemed to enjoy his meal. Great option for those seeking something a bit different in Portland.