Clarion Hotel
$101
$209
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Pool
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$226
$209
  • Room Service
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$102
$224
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Room Service
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$179
$149
Official Hotel
$197
$179
Orbitz.com
All reviewsroom was cleanold portfront desk staffpool and hot tubomeletconvenient locationshuttle servicefree shuttlecoffee makercookiesdowntownamtrakmainesurgeryproximity
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at, once we found it. Conveniently located. It's not the hotel's fault the city or state put in some horrible rotaries and signage. Thought I was just fine on Congress Street until it became a one way. I was less than 1/2 mile from the hotel and it took me 20 minutes to get back to it. Get good directions ahead of time and you'll be fine! Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were just here for a night after a conference in Portland. The location puts it close enough to downtown Portland that it's a very quick drive/bus/cab to get there, but not so close that you're stuck in traffic and can't park.

The iced tea/cookies/water on the way in were a nice touch after a very long drive to get there.

The room was clean & well-tended and the hotel was quiet and easy to get to sleep in.

Breakfast is $10, and I did not try it, so no feedback there.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Nice big room with HUGE windows! Nice flat screen, mini fridge, microwave, desk and comfortable overstuffed chair and ottoman. Lots of things to like about this Hotel.

Slow wifi, sometimes very slow. Too bad. Hotel is going through a major rehab, check before you book. I was on 6th floor, rehab was ongoing on 5th floor and quite disturbing.

I stayed in this hotel for 18 days in order to work on a project. I chose a room on the sixth floor thinking it would be quieter as most people want lower floors. Turns out it wasn't visitors that caused the noise, at first at least, it was the housekeepers. Typically 2-3 housekeepers were working on my floor each day. They didn't seem to understand that all of their loud conversations in the hallway could be heard by everyone still in the rooms. Walls have sound insulation, doors don't. And typically, they didn't bother with how quiet their voice was. Constantly yelling back and forth to each other. Or just standing in the hall talking on their cells loudly.

I complained to management about this on my fifth day at the hotel, after having repeatedly left the hotel during the day to go to someplace quieter, like a park or library. I was assured they would be immediately talking to the housekeepers. It seemed to be better after that, but not completely so, there were still bad days.

Probably the worst weekend I've ever spent in a hotel the last few days I was there. A large group of people checked in and most of them were on my floor. They set themselves up a little party space at the end of the hallway with coolers and alcohol cases all set up. On Friday they were all in the hallway, Along with several rooms at that end of the hallway until about two in the morning. At midnight I called down to the front desk and found that a couple others had also called. Someone came up and told them they needed to move into the rooms and keep the doors closed. This made it only slightly better. People were in and out of the rooms and into other rooms constantly, and even walking down to the elevator to go down to peoples rooms on the other floors. And of course while talking (or screaming) along the way. Walls have sound insulation, doors don't. Saturday was pretty much the same, despite a couple calls I made to the up desk earlier. Clearly these people were preferred Guests as our complaining wasn't taken seriously.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We wanted to stay in between downtown and the mall. This is a perfect location if that is what you are looking for, We stayed here before when it was the Doubletree and it was a lot nicer then. It is still a very solid hotel, but showing some signs of age. The hotel does have a slight odor about it now. The rooms are clean, neat and quiet. Which is what we were looking for on this trip. The pool is very nice, however, the jaccuzzi is far too small for a hotel of this size. The excersize room is also too small and ill equipped. Staff is friendly and helpful. The price was also a selling point for us on this stay.
The hotel is centrally located, reasonably priced, quiet and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was going to Portland for a course at UNE and my husband tagged along. Our room was one of the updated rooms apparently. It had a great fridge, comfy king sized bed, storage room for the bike. The toilet was a bit slow to flush and the elevator was SLOW, but otherwise the staff was super nice and helpful and the hotel locations was pretty centrally located. FYI Espo's Italian food a few blocks away was AWESOME! huge portions that fed us for days!

Room Tip: ask for an updated room!
1  Thank Shoshana D