I was in Portland for a two day conference and stayed for an extra four days to explore Portland. Arrived on a Sunday was picked up from the airport by the hotel's courtesy van. I was upgraded to a large, comfortable room with a Bay View. Room had free wireless, king size bed, sitting area with couch desk and chair, even a fridge and microwave. Bathroom was old but clean. The heat lamp after a shower was a nice touch.
The staff knows the city and will give directions and recommendations for restaurants and the courtesy van will take you to a restaurant and pick you up after dinner ( a terrific perk) The hotel is about 10 - 15 minute walk to the wharf area where there are tons of restaurants and shops and the Casco Bay Ferries. Becky's Dinner is within walking distance (just walk down High Street) a good place for breakfast. Standard Baking is another must for breakfast take out or to take away a pastry for a late night snack (Best bakery in New England) The upstairs restaurant Fore Street is superb! You can get the full menu at the bar because it's always hard to get a table. The hotel is also a very short walk to the Portland Museum of Art. Room service in the hotel is quite good. Order any of the fish, (and you can't go wrong) veggies are crisp and not overcooked and the salad is good with real chunks of blue cheese in the dressing. The meal is delivered to your room quickly and piping hot. All in all this hotel is a good value. It has a great location, clean comfortable rooms with good perks (free internet and parking) and friendly professional staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine