Upon arriving at the hotel, we thought ' great, the place looks nice and we're only here one night anyway'. That was one night too long for me. Got to the room (late since we were traveling) and thought it was ok upon arrival. Then I went to the bathroom and there were hairs in the tub/shower, stains on the floor and the carpet in the main room obviously hadn't been vacuumed before we checked in. There were crumbs on the desk...All seemingly minor but when you check into a room, you expect it to be clean. We didn't ask for another room because our daughter was half asleep already and we were just going to the airport in the morning. So, here's the REALLY gross part....the next morning our daughter wants to go swimming so we say ok, we'll give it a try. It was completely gross...the only reason I let her get into the pool (for all of 10 minutes) was because the water was so heavily chlorinated nothing could be alive in it! There was algae growing on the pool deck and used band-aids all over the place. It just gave me the heebee jeebees....So, we went back to the room, showered and packed quickly and got the heck out of there....I told the front desk about the lack of cleanliness and she just thanked me for informing her...nothing else, no apology or anything....I'm usually not very picky about hotels but this one even creeped my husband out a bit....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine