I recently spent one night here. The location is excellent, just about a 10-minute safe walk from the Old Port and even closer to the art museums and Civic Center. Our room was clean and large enough, though not as large as some rooms I've been in, with two double beds. The bathroom was clean and also large enough, though again not very large. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave, both of which were welcome, and a good-sized flat-screen TV. The hotel has a lounge and restaurant, neither of which I used. Staff were all friendly and competent.
I had two complaints, preventing me from awarding this hotel an additional star. First, the air conditioning unit was very noisy at times. The normal fan noise was tolerable, but every so often the compressor or whatever it was would come in very noisily, which disturbed our sleep. Second, the room came with only five clothes hangers, which are far too few for two people and maybe not enough for even one person.
All in all, though, this hotel is worth recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine