“Canadian travelers NO WIFI”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

No WIFI in room even though it advertised free Wifi
Since we are traveling from Canada we could not search the Internet to retrieve travel arrangements (boarding passes etc) on our wireless devices without paying the substantial data fees. Called help desk which wasn't very helpful, called front desk who said to walk down to the lobby to use their desktop computer again not very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
MarkHeisler, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issues you experienced with the free Wifi during your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you had getting online. The 24 hour technical support staff is usually very good at fixing any problems, I am sorry that they were unable to do so for you. We were having some sporadic issues with the Time Warner modem during the time you stayed with us that may have caused the problem. That issue has since been corrected. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Portland

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited here with 4 other friends this year for girls weekend. We had joining rooms which made it fun. The rooms were quiet. I heard nothing from the hallway or outside. Both the pool and the hot tubs were nice. Overall it was a great stay and we will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in the Northwest part of Portland in a industrial area. It is quiet and yet the turnpike is nearby. The Egg & I is right next door for breakfast and they also have a Denny's nearby for breakfast. The pool was really nice and there were 2 hot-tubs. We stayed on the 3rd floor and our beds were very comfortable. The hotel staff were very friendly to us and the housekeeping staff was very good. I was glad we decided to stay here instead of downtown Portland. It was quiet here and I appreciated that. Also there is free parking which is a plus. Will stay here again next time I come to Portland.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is an older hotel. The rooms were OK but smelled of cigarettes even though it is smoke free. The staff did clean the air which improved it but still was not my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Please accept my apologies for the smoke smell that you experienced during your stay. As you mentioned, we are a smoke free facility, so that is rarely a problem - I am sorry that it was during your visit. We will use your experience during our housekeeper training as an example in an effort to avoid a similar issue in the future. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Props to Howard Johnson in Portland for making my dream come true after seeing my favorite banc in concert! In Canada, most hotels accept 18 year olds ...however, I called 15 different hotels/inns/motels/ in Portland and the Howard Johnson was the ONLY one I could rent a room even though I'm in college and afford to live on my own. So once again props to the Howard Johnson

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends