“Clean hotel and good location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff at reception was very friendly.
The room was spacious, clean and had a TV in both the living area and bedroom.
The shower (especially after a long and delayed flight) was fabulous.
The shuttle driver took me right to the car rental place rather than having to go into the airport and walk over there - a gesture much appreciated.
Breakfast good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Travchef,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay with us! I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your nice comments on the staff and facility. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've never, ever...seen such great and well trained emplyees. My wife and I stayed here 4 nights and fell in love with the front dest personnel, the restaurant waitresses, the breakfast gal, Sharlene(?) and especially Christopher at the bar. Wonderful staff! Made our stay in Portland extra special! If you want to know where to go and what to see, they're all good, but Christopher was fantastic. Not one bad lead!
Now, if all Embassy Suites were as well run.....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tmikeob

Dear tmikeob,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and staff! Charlene and Chris were especially pleased to be mentioned by name and really appreciate you noticing their hard work. I'm glad we made your experience exceptional and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel was clean and staff was extremely friendly. Our TV didnt work one night & the maint staff was 45 min away & couldn't fix it. The desk clerk only offered us a complimentary movie, I was so insulted I refused but when checking out the manager made things right & took half the $ off that night'ss stay (we stayed 2 nights). The rooms are small so it was tight for 4 people but the kids liked having a separate room with their own TV. The food was very good & chef was great. Would prob try a different hilton hotel next time traveling with the family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear grodot333,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced with your TV on your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that the desk staff was able to make it right for you and will use your experience as a training tool for the team. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can do better the next time you are in Portland. We also offer a limited number of 2 bedroom suites that are great for families.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Embassy Suites was a very nice hotel in Portland at the airport, although we hardly heard a plane fly over.
The room was clean, the bed was so comfortable, and the staff was delightful. Especially Rosa at the front desk. She made sure we were well taken care of and was so nice talking to u at the desk. We spent one night there when we flew in to Portland before we took off for our son's house in northern Maine. The next week we were back with our granddaughter to fly home the next day. Rosa remembered our faces and then our last name. She was so glad to see us and made us feel to very welcome. Almost like it was her own home.
The breakfast that was available to us was wonderful and the restaurant for dinner had excellent food. We wish we could have stayed longer and see some of Portland, but maybe next time.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived very late one Friday night at Portland, ME Airport Embassy Suites.

Check in was very quick and the desk clerk was very helpful and gave us a quick explanation of hotel.
This Embassy Suites is not like the ‘normal’ Embassy suites as it does not have an atrium. However all other amenities remain consistent.

Breakfast the next morning was quite good. They had an omelet station where you could have chef prepare an omelet or other egg dishes. The other food was quite good and there was plenty of room for the patrons. Breakfast the following days also remained good.

Room was a little smaller than normal Embassy suites. There was not a table to sit at if you wanted to eat as a family in your room. However, there was plenty of room. We had a king bed that was quite comfortable.

Housekeeping was good with no issues. Common areas were small but very well appointed.

Location at the airport is very convenient. We rented a car so I did not use the airport shuttle but there was one available.

Overall a very good location to explore both north and south of Portland. If we return to Portland we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear colt07,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay in February. We really appreciate your kind words about the staff, amenities and facility. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family travels a lot for hockey and this hotel welcomed our hockey team which says a lot with a bunch of young boys running around.
The breakfast chef was excellent - very friendly and the waitstaff for breakfast very friendly.
Room service food was also very good.
Front desk had 2 very nice people, Michael and another woman who I didn't get her name but helped the boys. Other than those two, the other front desk workers were just OK - not overly friendly and when asked for additional toiletries & coffee, it seemed as if I was bothering them. At $150/nite, I should get as much coffee for my room as I want.
Entire hotel very clean but housekeeping in rooms was not up to par. 1st day stay they only made the beds, didn't replace the toiletries (shampoo, etc). I had to ask for additional. Another family staying didn't even have their room cleaned the first day. the second day the housekeeper came and when asked to give extra coffee, she gave me one extra.
Overall the experience was good. I have stayed at some other chain hotels that were not nearly as clean as this one.
3 floor was pet friendly and smelled a bit like smoke, air freshener and not sure what else but I got used to it. Would recommend asking for a non-pet friendly floor.
Gym was very clean
Did not use pool.
Good location.

Room Tip: Non-pet friendly floor, unless you have a pet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Hope M,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback on your recent stay with us. We were glad to welcome your group and it seemed like everyone enjoyed their time in Portland. I would like to offer my apologies on the issues you described in our housekeeping and front desk departments and I want to assure you that I have addressed your concerns with the department managers to remedy.
I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and am glad to see this did not impact your total impression of your stay. We hope to have your group back again next July and perhaps even see you sooner!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We opted to stay at the airport, rather than the centre of Portland, in order to save money and get a bigger room. We were not disappointed with the the Embassy Suites. Very friendly staff and really nice guest rooms. The hotel was completely sold out and the staff struggled to cope with the breakfast. However that did not detract from our stay and we have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyPortlandGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Dear UK John N,

Thank you for posting your kind review on Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate it. We're pleased that you had a pleasant stay and that our staff was able to provide you with such outstanding service. We hope to see you again, whenever your travels lead you back to the Portland area.

Warmest Wishes,