Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$144
$136
  • Room Service
$105
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$85
$159
  • Pool
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
$97
$89
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Room Service
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
$157
$143
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,500 results
All reviewsevening receptionomelet stationmanagers receptionomelet chefmade to order omeletsclose to the airportan airport hoteltwo room suitecocktail hourcrackerscomplimentary breakfastpool and hot tubliving areaan early flightminute driveexcellent staygreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We opted to stay at the airport, rather than the centre of Portland, in order to save money and get a bigger room. We were not disappointed with the the Embassy Suites. Very friendly staff and really nice guest rooms. The hotel was completely sold out and the staff struggled to cope with the breakfast. However that did not detract from our stay and we have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyPortlandGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Dear UK John N,

Thank you for posting your kind review on Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate it. We're pleased that you had a pleasant stay and that our staff was able to provide you with such outstanding service. We hope to see you again, whenever your travels lead you back to the Portland area.

Warmest Wishes,
Timothy Prosser
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights - from 6/28 - 7/2 and we enjoyed it very much. The hotel itself and the rooms are definitely a tad smaller than other Embassy Suites, but it was still very nice. Our room was extremely clean and cleaned well every day, so no complaints at all there! Everyone was very friendly and the breakfast was really good each day. The manager's reception was also really good with a lot of choices! We stayed on the airport side and it was nice to get a view of the runway. We could very faintly hear the planes taking off, but it really is no big deal and I am a very light sleeper. My only complaint would be the a/c units in the room. They are SO NOISY. I actually turned the one off in the bedroom part and kept it on in the living room part - and I could still hear it, but it was better. Other than that, we would probably stay here again. Lot's to see and do in Portland and the surrounding area and this is in a really good location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

For two women with auto problems and bad weather and many miles behind us, this was such a pleasure to arrive at for a nites stay. Our room was spacious and immaculate---as was the rest of the hotel. I could have spent the nite in the lobby as the furniture was sooooooo comfortable.
Had some dinner which was quite good plus it was HOT. Breakfast(included with the price of the room) was great. The young Asian fellow made the best egg omlette ever and never flipped one on the floor---he was the entertainer of the day!
Stop here---you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Our room had a sitting area with a full size TV. We were on the side near the airport but never heard any noise---amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HILDA S V
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Embassy Suites Portland-June 19-22. I like Hilton and stay whenever I can. I chose this location as a matter of convenience. I might give it another try when I go back to Maine, but I might try someplace else, based on my experience. Seems I had a run of bad luck.

The hotel common is very clean and it is comfortable. The staff is warm and friendly, and the breakfast is very well done. As with another reviewer, the house cleaning that I got was spotty. The air conditioning was a bit on the noisy side but the biggest problem I had was the diffuser on the wall unit next to the bed blows cold air (or hot I suppose in winter) right on you while sleeping. I tried putting a towel over it, but the final fix was to turn it off in the bedroom and leave the one in the living area to do the work.

There was no “do not disturb” sign, I went to the front desk and got one. Got settled in, only to find the remote was dead…went to the front desk to get another. My room entry card was programmed wrong so when I came back late on the 2nd night with my arms full, I was locked out…went to get my card fixed.

When I went to bed the first night, the sheets had something on them…small black spots – not stain, but something that could be picked off and moved around…NOT bugs or alive…but bothersome nonetheless. I figured they would be changed. My own fault, I didn’t see the sign that says…put this sign on the pillow if you want your sheets changed. The second morning I did put the sign. They still were not changed. I called the desk…and Julie brought me a full set of clean sheets (9:30 at night). She even offered to change them for me but I opted to change them myself.

The Kleenex container in the bathroom was empty. When it was changed, I found 3 tissues in the bottom of the container and a very pretty origami tissue coming out the top. That didn’t help. I mentioned this to someone the next morning – and when I came back that night, the same thing…just 3 tissues.

The shower curtain/tub area smelled musty but seemed to clear as the days passed…

Little things can make or break a trip – and this stay seemed to be just one little thing after another, rather disappointing I think. Overall, I’d stay again, hoping the next visit might be a bit better because everything else was good.

One last thing, don’t let the fact that the airport is literally, right there, stop you…this property is incredibly quiet inside despite aircraft coming and going. AND, you can walk from the lobby to the airport terminal very easily – this is a definite plus for location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Larry L
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Larry L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am so sorry to hear that we missed the boat on the details you described which affected your overall stay. Our team really strives to make every experience the best we can and from your review I can certainly see why you were disappointed.
I would very much like to make it up to you and show you that we can do this right. Please contact me at Stacy.OReilly@hilton.com or 207-482-4360 so we can speak in more detail.

I appreciate your honesty and hope to connect with you soon.

Best Regards,

Stacy O'Reilly

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Loved the Manager's Reception--an event each evening where there is live music in the lobby, appetizers, and an open bar. Delicious omelets made-to-order at breakfast buffet. Suite was lovely. Beds were not to our liking in terms of comfort for sleeping. Staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. Very happy that the pool and hot tub were open until midnight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple