“Caring & proficient under challenging circumstances”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

After a confusing start to our trip, the staff at the front desk sorted out several problems (none of which they created), and went to great lengths to make me and my partner feel comfortable and relaxed throughout our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Jakatae J,

Thank you for your 5 star review from your recent stay with us. While I'm sorry to hear that you had some challenges at the start of your trip, I'm pleased to see that the hotel team was able to fix it for you. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and I know they will appreciate your kind words.
I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Portland area!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Reviewed May 20, 2013

After leaving the hotel at 4:30AM on April 23rd to catch our flight, I realized that I had left the toiletry kit behind. I called and spoke with April who did indeed have the kit and said she'd be happy to send it to me-I had requested USPS Prioirty mail, due to over $300 worth of medications being in the kit that are needed on a daily basis.
A week went by and she gave the task to a maintance man to send the package for $31.84 on April 24th ( a bit high).
It is now almost 1 month later and still no package has arrived.
Makes me question if it was sent at all and Embassy Suites in general.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vwguy97
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear vwguy97,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay last month. I am so sorry to hear that the item you left behind has not been received by you. I have checked with April and would be happy to send you the receipt for the package we mailed. While I can certainly understand your frustrations I can guarantee you that we shipped the item as you requested the day after you informed us it had been left. I would be happy to speak with you in more detail or provide you with the contact information from the Postal Service to see if they can track where your package went once it was shipped.

207-482-4360

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The consistency of the staff attitude and helpfulness was far beyond any experience I have had at a hotel in this price range. EVERYONE, (Maid, restaurant workers, front desk, management,) was positive, caring, fun to talk to and attentive. Every hotel worker I met looked like they wanted to be there and enjoyed their job. The hotel lobby was nice and clean, the room was spacious. the bed was very comfortable. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Normally one would not write about a Chain Hotel Stay,but in this case I will.. We stayed 4- nights at the Embassy Suites at the Portland,Me. Airport.planes taking off was not noisy .. the Breakfast made to order /Manager's reception are 1st class..all the way.. we did have an issue about the AC/Heating Unit being noisy ...located right under the Windows..old style ..They sent the repairmen up and he did a minor adjustment..ok not totally quiet ..The Check in desk was so attentive about the issue..they offered to change rooms...we chose not to..offered dinner/ and offered a Comped night off the bill.. I did not ask for anything.. They insisted and I accepted..Great Customer Service and willing do satisfy their Guests... If in Portland ..check them out..convenient.. clean ..close to all the shopping..restaurants..Airport...Good Stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DandyDon21
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear DandyDon21,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I'm especially pleased that the team was able to impact your stay and turn your issue around to make sure you were satisfied. The entire team takes a lot of pride in our hotel and are committed to providing an excellent experience.
I appreciate your recommendation and we hope to be your hosts again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel was very convenient to everything, especially the airport. It was quiet and staff was very attentive. Nightly reception was appreciated. Rooms could use some updating. Breakfast was excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fris

Dear Fris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel from your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, free breakfast and nightly reception. I will also be sure to share with the team your kind words about the service you received. I appreciate your comments on our room condition and we strive to always keep our rooms in top shape.
I look forward to having you as our guest if you travel back to the Portland area again.

All the best,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We planned a short stay in Portland to close out our Spring School Vacation. The Embassy suites was centrally located to several family friendly destinations we had planned to attend. (We enjoyed the Maine Wild Life Park, The Portland Seadogs, and shopping in the Old Port.) The kids loved the evening receptions (Mom & Dad enjoyed the complimentary coctails as well.) Mom especially liked the made to order breakfast - food for every taste and diet was plentiful. The indoor pool was just the right size for the kids to enjoy. Parking was slightly limited - but we made due. This room was perfect for our family of four - two televisions made for a more enjoyable evening (no fighting over the remote.) This was our second stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TinaSpade
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your recent family vacation. It sounds like you were able to visit many of the local attractions in Portland and relax while you were here. Thank you for your kind words about our location, included nightly reception and free breakfast. I hope that we will have to opportunity to be your hosts again when you next travel to the Greater Portland area.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Awesome experience! Staff is incredible and the accomodations are indeed top notch! Welcoming and hospitable~ Im from the south and enjoyed the great spirit of Portland! Food is 5 star all the way and the rooms are comfortable and welcoming! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Deanna H,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor readers! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really strive to make our guests feel at home while they are traveling. We all appreciate your recommendation and I hope we have a chance to see you again soon.

Best Regards,