“SHOPPING IN MAINE? STAY HERE TO ADD TO YOUR VACATION EXPERIENCE!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“SHOPPING IN MAINE? STAY HERE TO ADD TO YOUR VACATION EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Once a year, my family and I take an annual trip down to Maine to shop. We always stay at the Embassy Suites hotel in Portland, ME. The rooms are excellent, with comfy beds and beautiful decor. The service is also wonderful, as they are very accomodating and friendly at all hours and times. The best features besides the room itself would be the clean swimming pool and work out area! The hotel is very modern in style and even though it is near an airport, you would never know as you cannot hear the traffic when inside. The morning breakfast buffet has to not only be the beat hotel food i've had in ages, it is also the best place i've ever eaten breakfast! Try it out and you will see, endless choices to fit your dietary needs. We eapecially like the on site omlette chef and decor of the breakfast place. Needless to say, the Embassy suites hotel in Portland,ME truly makes our vacation a pleasent one, each and everytime. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank chiligarlicsauce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Ellsworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel is in a great central location. It is great value. All rooms at this hotel are suites. They include a fridge and a fold out couch. This is really great when you travel with several individuals.
The couch was extremely uncomfortable and in need of replacement.
This hotel would get an excellent rating from me, but the rooms need updating. We have stayed on several occasions, and found that the last time we were there it really needed an update.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica B
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Jessica B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to review our rooms and prepare for our next update. We also appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,

Randolph, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I had the best experience at this hotel...I wish there was more STARS because I would give it to them. The staff is super nice, the hotel is so clean (I'm OCD-so trust me when I tell you clean), and I felt at home. The hotel has everything you could think of pool, hot tub, business center, free Internet, free breakfast (and it was good, hot, and fresh), and a manager's complimentary cocktail. I came with another couple and we had a 2bedroom suite with a livingroom/dining/kitchen it was very nice. I absolutely enjoyed my stay and I can't wait to come back. Now when I travel I will look for embassy suites to stay in. They truely care about the guests and raised the bar really high for other hotels.

Room Tip: When traveling with kids or a group ask for the 2 bedroom suite (it's not going to cost you an a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fpaulack
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Fpaulack,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you want to come back! We look forward to having you anytime you are in the area!

Best Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

For a business hotel located adjacent to an airport, the slowness of their Internet is shocking. I consistently had 1 Mb per second of down speed and less than 1 Mb per second up speed during my entire three-day stay here. This is consistent with all my previous stays here. Embassy Suites needs to understand the importance of bandwidth to its customers. My future stays here will be dependent on their ability to respond to this need. Furthermore, the Embassy Suites needs to provide printers with AirPrint - a widely used technology today.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank WRRalph
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear WR Ralph,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments on our hotel and staff and am glad you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to address your comments on our internet speed. We realize that our recently installed system is insufficent and are currently planning an upgrade to our WiFi within the next 6 months. Please contact me directly if you have any questions about the progress before your next trip to Portland.

All the Best,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I had to travel back to Portland from Los Angeles without any warning when my sister got sick and got admitted to Maine Medical Center. I asked at the hospital where I might stay, since my sister was having open heart surgery and I would be staying for at least a week or so. They recommended a little hotel right down the street. I stayed there for two nights, but they were booked on New Years Eve so I had to call around to find something else. I found several that charged three or four times what I was paying at the first place, but then I found the Embassy suites. They gave me a rate for Maine Medical, and I moved in for the rest of my stay, which was two weeks. I had to work the whole time, and the free internet helped a lot. The staff were very friendly and helpful and asked about my sister every time I saw them. They were quite busy most of my stay, but never forgot to ask. They had a shuttle that took me to the hospital until I rented a car. The restaurant folks were absolutely amazing. Sam, the cook, should have his own show, he was that good. It was often the highlight of my day, as it was incredibly stressful helping my sister get through her day, then running back to the hotel to get my work done. Jolene, the waitress, always went out of her way to make me and my family relax a little. On our final night, Jolene had recommended the lobster pot pie and I don't exaggerate when I say it was out of this world. As was the haddock crusted with nuts of some kind, pecans or almonds, can't remember now. I must have tried most of the menu, and was never disappointed. The room was clean and roomy and had a great work space. At one point there were three of us in there, and there was plenty of room. We had a microwave and a fridge and a really awesome coffee maker. The bathroom was spotless, as was the rest of the room. I can't say enough about how much easier these guys made my trip. It was incredibly stressful, but always nice to come "home" to the Embassy. At one point, Jolene gave me a letter saying two of us were entitled to a free dinner, because she messed up an order for us at some point. I vaguely remembered the meal, it was that we had asked for a different vegetable than we were served. What we were served was really good and I didn't give it a second thought. But she did. A week later as she remembered somehow. The morning breakfast was always good, and hot, and plentiful. It helped get us going. I had room service at one point, and it was outstanding. Just a fish sandwich, but SO good. Sam and Jolene need big fat raises. They really made a difference for me and my sisters. Thank you so much. If I am ever back in Portland, I have no doubt where I'll be staying.

Sincerely

Rita Sullivan

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good. It was right near the airport, but I never once heard a plane g...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Rita S,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased that the stress of your trip was eased when staying with us. We hope your sister has a fast recovery! Next time you are in town, please visit us and see all that Portland has to offer!
I have also passed along your wonderful comments to Jolene, Sam and the rest of the staff. Thank you for recognizing their great attitudes.

All the Best,

Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We booked a suite with two full size beds, plenty of room for a family of four. The breakfast was great as was the manager's reception at night. My only complaint was the heat, we could not get a comfortable temperature in the room - too hot or cold.
The staff was friendly, we will be back!

1 Thank Out_running
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
” Dear out_Running,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you could take part in the Manager’s reception and breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night, I had a 6am flight. We were 4 adults and 2 children, we had one of the 2 bedroom suites, which was a very nice setup. Accommodations nice, bed linens smelled a little funky ?????? Was clean and staff very helpful. The evening reception food was a little sparse, but with liquor included it was pretty good. Didn't get to experience the breakfast as I left too early. The did take me and my mom over to the airport at 5am and came back to get my mom at 5:30am to return her to the hotel.

I caution you to beware of the little "hidden" charges. Had I not read the little folder the room keys came in, I would not have know I had to physically call and cancel the morning paper delivery or it would have been charged to the room. Also, I did not find out until I got home and was reviewing my c/c bill that they charged us for the bottled water that was in the room. When I called the hotel directly on this, they informed that it was indeed noted on the bottles, but it was in little writing.

It's on the pricey side, but, the 2bdrm suite is a good deal for families or couples travelling together.

Dear wrinkldogs,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and do apologize for the smell to the sheets. This is definitely not normal at our hotel and we appreciate the feedback. We hope you enjoyed your travels and do hope that you will consider us again on your next stay in Portland.