“Best chicken salad from a pizzeria ever tasted”

Stavros Pizzeria & Deli
Ranked #336 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Melbourne
“Best chicken salad from a pizzeria ever tasted”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We're on our way to the mountains for some skiing/snowboarding and needed a quick dinner. Stavros's is very unassuming, yet the food served up and friendly service was awesome. I got the grilled chicken salad, with double chicken, plus a bottle of water all for $8!! The chicken was fresh, juicy and hot. I ordered a double serving of chicken, thinking that it wouldn't be enough, yet there was so much chicken that I couldn't even see my salad, which was also great. The staff were really friendly and Stavros's Pizzeria & Deli worked out to be a perfect option for us. Thanks guys, will stop in again on our next trip!

Portland, Maine
“great food horrible service”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

i eat here almost daily and the food is spectacular.........when they get my order right
and that happens about a third of the time(i always order one of two things) the the employees that take your order always seem annoyed and rude.
delivery people are always nice tho.

so if you want great food its almost worth the horrible counter service.

• Visited December 2012
Portland, Maine
“Great gyros and solid pizza”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stavros is located right on a busy stretch of Forest ave and can be easily missed while driving by. Try to make a special trip if you like gyros. They make big and plentiful greek wraps with a particularly delicious yogurt sauce. The staff is sweet and accomodating and the pizza is reasonable. The other thing I really like about Stavros is that they have about 6 comfortable tables to eat in house which can sometimes be exactly the right thing when running around with kids in the evening. Sometimes you want easy take out and sometimes you want an easy place to feed the kids good food that won't break the bank!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Rushmore45
“try the gyros”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I can't comment on the table service, since we called ahead for takeout. but the gyros are the best we've found in town. The rstaurant's popularity may have to do with its proximity to the University, but we've found the food to be first-rate.

• Visited October 2011
Portland, ME
“Good casual dinner fare.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Someone in my office orders dinner from here almost every night. When they're on point, the food is awesome, but they might have an off night from time to time. The pizza is just ok, but there are so many amazing pizza places in Portland, it's hard to compete unless that's all you do. I recommend the subs, pasta, and calzones. Their cheeseburger sub in particular is one of the best I've had.

• Visited June 2011