“Interesting/fun menu, Local ingredients”
Review of Vignola

Vignola
Reserve with OpenTable
Vignola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Commercial Street
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I dined here with my family while visiting Portland. We chose to try it because we like the philosophy of farm to table. We sat in the front part of the restaurant. The interior in the front room is brick and the lighting is creative and flattering. There is a cheese course option here that is so fun (if you like cheese!). They offer a wide selection of local and international cheeses, and you can order just one, a grouping of four, of what ever you want. The wine list is also very good, and you can order interesting wines by the glass, to complement the different courses. We also had the pasta, which was fantastic, and my husband had a baby octopus appetizer that made my daughter weep at the sight of the slain little octopi, but my husband said they cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very knowledgable and busy. I will definitely come here again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Both times that we've been to Vignola it has been with a small group of like-minded people - wine enthusiasts. We've had mostly wine and appetizers, plus some cheese and pizza - all enjoyed in a shared fashion. A very pleasant overall experience indeed. But what I remember the most is the company and the wine.
Oh the food was good, some of it very good, and served proficiently by pleasant staff, and in a nice atmosphere. But nothing that I would call 'blow-me-away, I've-got-to-come-here-again-for-this' kind of good. Thus the 4 stars (or circles as the case may be) instead of 5.
I would definitely go there again - but with the right company!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our second time eating here. The first time we were seated in the back which is a bit more quieter. The front can be loud with the tables very close. However, the food is delicious and the service is vey good. Lots to chose from. Pastas are very good.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Inviting atmosphere in restored brick building caught our eyes when parking nearby. Menu was highly creative with a superb cheese/meat/fruit appetizer section coupled with fine wines and well made cocktails. After savoring various cheeses and wines suggested by a skilled wait staff, we enjoyed pasta dishes and the eggplant appetizer which is a must. The tomato fondant surrounding the tiered eggplant was exceptional and can be a meal for someone looking for light fare. Pasta dishes were creative and extremely fresh.

The pricing was well done for food that is of a high quality.

We will visit again on our next trip as generally such fare is found in a larger city atmosphere were top chefs are in abundance.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

prior to 6PM weekdays the entire wine menu is reduced 50%! and the selections are extensive and varied. the sommelier was quite helpful as well. a tremendous value. as for the victuals, moderate value, options reasonably varied and service attentive. at least at that early hour. many seating opportunities in several rooms, all with a different character.