“Great food reasonable price”
Review of Shays Grill Pub

Shays Grill Pub
Ranked #122 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently meet a Client at Shay's in monument square. I've also eaten there before. The have a good selection at a fair price, particularly for Portland. Of the items I've had on the menu the burger is particularly good as id the salad that has cranberries and almonds and blue cheese and grilled onions. Also the Mediterranean Nacho's were fantastic, under $10 and a meal in themselves! The atmosphere is cozy and upscale pub like.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Thought we'd try Shay's for supper this evening--close to where we live but had never been before. We walked in around 5:30, there were about 7 people towards the back and a blonde behind the bar said "Sit wherever you like!" So we sat. And we waited. And we waited. My husband was facing the bar watching the Blonde chatting away to another girl. And chatting. And chatting. I finally walked over to... the bar and asked for a couple of menus which she handed over. And we looked at the menu. And we looked. And we looked. And she chatted. And she chatted. And we waited. And we waited. After over 15 minutes in a bar that had few patrons, we had not even been asked if we'd like a drink. We had finally waited long enough. And we left. No excuse for such bad service. No stars for you, Shay's. Not one. None. Nada. Zip.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Thanks to TA, a business associate and I found this place. It's small and cozy. Has a good beer selection if you're into that, which I am. Burger with sweet potato fries was very good. Service was OK as they seemed light on staff.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I visit Shay's all the time. We love it - the food is good, the atmosphere is great, and the service is excellent. The drinks are strong and delcious (except the blu martini - avoid that one) and it's just a convienient, casual, trendy place. The bathrooms are small and from time to time the food will be just average, but it's a very friendly, comfortable relaxing place for a meal or a few drinks. Get a fishbowl - a 5 gallon fruity rum drink with actual swedish fish in it. I have girlfriends from out of town who insist on a stop at Shay's everytime they visit just for a fishbowl.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Delicious food for a great price. I got the pan seared gnocchi for $12. It was very good and the gnocchi was cooked perfectly. The place is small, so don't bring a party over 4. Our waitress was slightly absent at times, however another waiter kind of filled in between with drink orders. Overall great food & good people.