“Great Bakery!”

Ranked #10 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
North Carolina
“Great Bakery!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Their breads are delicious and fresh but the Tea Ring is awesome!! However, The last one I got was a little doughy on bottom center... not quite done. But will definitely try again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ncdeborah

Portland, Maine
“Got to have their Bread!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We love their bread in our house. A favorite treat is honey whole wheat cinnamon swirl. Any of their breads are great. The other bakery products are super too. If you are looking for something seasonal they are usually baking it. They even baked the best strawberry short cake biscuits. If you are not sure about something, they will let you sample the product first. They have bread samples daily so don't leave with out a slice of bread. They have a store in Portland Public Market in Monument Sq.

• Visited May 2012
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Great bread!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I love everything they have. Especially the cinnamon rolls - huge and great value! You can't go wrong with any of their breads. Place smells yummy!

Visited May 2012
Sacramento, California
“The only place we can find Anadama Bread!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Born and raised in Maine, my husband was not only use to having Anadama Bread, but was use to having it frequently. Now residing in Sacramento CA, it is impossible to find. During a visit to Maine this past holiday season we went into an adjoining wine shop to pick up a bottle to have with dinner and fell upon Big Sky Bread Company. The aroma beckoned us closer and voila, there it was; Anadama Bread. We purchased several different kinds to enjoy. Each was wonderful. We had the bread with soup, stew and sandwiches and they best way; toasted with butter!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Bernie278
Yarmouth, Maine
“Bread of the Day??”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was looking for a fresh loaf of Challah bread in order to make my traditional baked french toast on Christmas morning. I called Big Sky to see if they had any loaves available and they told me that they would at 11:00 that morning. After making a special 30-minute trip to the bakery to pick up the bread at 11:00, I stood in line and happily noticed the "Bread of the Day" written in big letters on the chalkboard - Challah!! I got to the register, asked for a loaf of Challah and was told they didn't have any. Was the bread still in the oven? No, they hadn't even put it in the oven yet. Not cool, Big Sky, I won't be back. European Bakery had plenty of fresh loaves and it wasn't even their Bread of the Day.

Visited December 2011