“The only place we can find Anadama Bread!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Sky Bread Co Incorporated
Ranked #10 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Born and raised in Maine, my husband was not only use to having Anadama Bread, but was use to having it frequently. Now residing in Sacramento CA, it is impossible to find. During a visit to Maine this past holiday season we went into an adjoining wine shop to pick up a bottle to have with dinner and fell upon Big Sky Bread Company. The aroma beckoned us closer and voila, there it was; Anadama Bread. We purchased several different kinds to enjoy. Each was wonderful. We had the bread with soup, stew and sandwiches and they best way; toasted with butter!

2  Thank Bernie278
There are newer reviews for Big Sky Bread Co Incorporated

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was looking for a fresh loaf of Challah bread in order to make my traditional baked french toast on Christmas morning. I called Big Sky to see if they had any loaves available and they told me that they would at 11:00 that morning. After making a special 30-minute trip to the bakery to pick up the bread at 11:00, I stood in line and happily noticed the "Bread of the Day" written in big letters on the chalkboard - Challah!! I got to the register, asked for a loaf of Challah and was told they didn't have any. Was the bread still in the oven? No, they hadn't even put it in the oven yet. Not cool, Big Sky, I won't be back. European Bakery had plenty of fresh loaves and it wasn't even their Bread of the Day.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stopped in to Big Sky Bakery midday so we decided to have lunch there rather than just buy bread as originally planned. Significant other had an Italian panini sandwich while I opted for the half sandwich and cup of soup. As it happens, Sig Other likes red peppers so she didn't mind having them in her sandwich, which she enjoyed. Since I don't care for fresh red peppers, I did mind finding quite a few of them in the beef barley soup.
My half roast beef sandwich on three seed bread was quite fresh; the purple onion could have been sliced a little thinner. Kudos to the Big Sky Bakery for offering generous slices of bread to customers as samples.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

My wife and I attempted to go to Bayou Kitchen, but the wait was too long, so we crossed the street to Big Sky. We both got egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches on their house made english muffins. The eggs and bacon were great, but what really made the sandwich was the english muffin. Thick and soft with just the right amount of crunch on the outside, these hardly resembled the english muffins you see at the supermarket.

Of course we also had to get a delicious cinnamon roll and a loaf of pumpkin pecan bread to go.

1  Thank davepitt11
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Set up in a converted firehouse, this bakery makes fantastic breads. Using no preservatives and focusing on whole grains, the breads are hearty and delicious. The sandwiches are world of art and breakfast is simple and good. I would recommend this quiet and warm atmosphere for anyone who wants good breakfast, lunch, or breads to take home.

1  Thank Morgllo