“Loved the Peach Pie”

Ranked #5 of 29 Bakeries in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was a bit worried about the peach pie when they told me that it was the first time they had made it, but I thought it was excellent. I bought some other desserts that I brought home with me, but the ants got to them before I could. If they were anything like the pie, I'm sure they were good.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I love Two Fat Cats. The baked goods are delicious! The customer service is hit or miss. Sometimes the crew is helpful. I would not use the word friendly. At other times they seem downright rude. I have often wondered if they are disgruntled at having to work the register rather than practicing their craft of baking. I go because of the items they sell, but I do leave wondering why I feel like my presence was an inconvience. I don't need an suck up, but how about a "thank you" after purchase.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited Two Fat Cats in the afternoon. First, when you opened the door, it was like walking into a blast furnace.

I had read a lot of reviews, saying how great this place was. Basically a Whoopee Pie is a Suzy-Q. Just a different shape. We were not impressed. We also ordered a fold over pie with the strawberry-rhubarb filling. The crust was very good, and the filling was good also.

Would we go back, only if we had time to kill.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just popped in this place after visiting the lighthouse. We came on a Saturday afternoon about 3 PM. There wasn't much to buy. Perhaps because it was a late hour? I don't know. I wanted to try the world famous pie but there was none. So I got a whoopee pie and my husband got some cookies. Could it have hurt the guy behind the counter to smile..or say SOMETHING. Its a bakery for crying out loud. People are happy when they are here. But he just took our money. Aside from him though the whoopee pie was the best I've ever tasted. Those Amish people in Lancaster have nothing on this. Chocolate chip cookies were so so.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a bakery. We came here on a food tour to sample the whoopee pies. Not sure I wanted one but then I found myself eating mine and my husband's. The cake was moist and the cream lush. Did not get to try their fruit pies but they looked and were rumored to be very good.